Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Anyone buy Lupe's new album yet? I'm listening to it now on Spotify, just realized it came out 2 days ago. Excellent so far, definitely a return to the pre-Lasers style (I actually liked Lasers, and all his previous albums of course).

Here's the music video for Around My Way (track 4 on the album), came out this summer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S77zUWqawag

He hits a lot of the new controversial issues of our country plus some of the old and continuing ones.

Last edited:

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
hadn't heard any of his stuff in a long time, wasn't really into it at the time. Enjoyed this one a lot..very good!

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I remember the buzz around The Cool and the disappointment L.A.S.E.R.S was. I heard Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album pt1 was a return to the former Lupe so I may have some cautious optimism that Lupe didn't fall off.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I remember the buzz around The Cool and the disappointment L.A.S.E.R.S was. I heard Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album pt1 was a return to the former Lupe so I may have some cautious optimism that Lupe didn't fall off.

It's definitely a return. He gets more graphic and darker with the imagery on this one, though, than his past albums.

The wordplay and storytelling is brilliant in most of the tracks - and you know that Lupe doesn't shy away from big words, unlike 99% of the mainstream rappers.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
It's definitely a return. He gets more graphic and darker with the imagery on this one, though, than his past albums.

The wordplay and storytelling is brilliant in most of the tracks - and you know that Lupe doesn't shy away from big words, unlike 99% of the mainstream rappers.
I'm listening to it currently. I haven't changed a track as yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.