Lunar New Year Sales

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

So far, it seems every digital distributor is having a pretty decent sale at the moment. A lot of the games on my wishlist have a better discount than the New Year sale that just happened last month with a fair chunk of them above 50% off. I already grabbed Carrion and Darksiders 3 so far and I'll likely grab a few more that are finally under $5.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Yeah, the Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition for $9.99....lowest I've ever seen it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Tron 2.0 is dirt cheap and I highly recommend it.
Its like a fun version of No One Lives Forever 2.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Yeah, the Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition for $9.99....lowest I've ever seen it.

- Bummer that the expansion pass is still $7.99. Already have the core game, haven't played it. Despite knowing its a great deal, I still feel like I'm getting ripped off if I buy it knowing the whole thing is going for $2 bucks more.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
- Bummer that the expansion pass is still $7.99. Already have the core game, haven't played it. Despite knowing its a great deal, I still feel like I'm getting ripped off if I buy it knowing the whole thing is going for $2 bucks more.
Both expansions can easily add 20+ hours to the game and the Blood and Wine expansion is well worth a $30 price tag. For $8 at HumbleBundle, you're basically stealing the game. Hearts of Stone adds a new area to the Novigrad area and a pretty interesting side-quest, but it's still really fun. Blood and Wine adds a whole new land to explore with many side-quests to complete, new gear to find, new enemies to fight, and a new Witcher set to complete. Not to mention you get the Rune vendor with the expansion so you can add runes to your gear for added enhancements. I believe you also get additional slots for skill enhancements, but I can't recall on that one as it's been a while since I last played through the game.

Buy it, play through them both, then thank me later. Hell, the graphics in Blood and Wine alone are worth the price tag. That expansion area is gorgeous and that's saying a lot since the base game still has outstanding graphics even by today's standards.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I bought Hot Pursuit Remastered because it was marked down 40%.

It is literally the exact same thing except the download is 5 times larger.
If EA had any shame I'd suggest they be ashamed of themselves.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I went ahead and bought Witcher III GotY Edition for $10. That deal was just too good to pass up.

Reactions: Stg-Flame