Lumix DMC-G2, what was Panasonic thinking?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
From DPReview:
Focus on Imaging 2010: Eighteen months after unveiling the worlds first Micro Four Thirds camera, Panasonic has introduced its successor- the Lumix DMC-G2, with touch control shooting. Built around the same body design as the G1, it records 720p HD videos in AVCHD Lite format and features a touch sensitive 460K dot 3.0" LCD. Its advanced touch features allows shooting by just tapping the subject on the LCD.

I tapped the glass like it said in the manual but my pictures are always blurry.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
From DPReview:

I tapped the glass like it said in the manual but my pictures are always blurry.

did I miss something? this is a pretty neat feature if it's usable in video mode. not a make it or break it feature by any means. Not sure I'd use it for normal use.. but I would love to have this on my GF1 for when I hand it to someone else to use.

though, if it adds a significant cost, I wouldn't want it.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Looks awesome in the demos I've seen.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Seems to me that if you take your hand off the camera to tap the LCD, that you would inevitably shake the camera.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Seems to me that if you take your hand off the camera to tap the LCD, that you would inevitably shake the camera.

hrm, I see your point. I was thinking from the POV of using my thumbs while holding the cam. but at least the cam is pretty light. not like trying to hold a 40D one handed and touchscreen operations.