Netflix Marvel: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, Punisher

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I've seen 1 episode and liked it so far, mostly because I like the characters and the atmosphere.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Only going by the first episode, it's very new york and there's a nice style to it that mixes the more serious shows with a little bit of comic flair. Hopefully there's more to come, and some more hip hop (I know there's a great clip of method man in one of the trailers)

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
khan has a good explanation: https://youtu.be/e7X01_j_oDA?t=95

so to really get at someone like cornell, you don't kick his ass...you take everything that he holds precious and make him suffer. that's how you really stick it to him.

Which he did by episode 4.. in a rinse repeat kind of way.. the thugs that Cornell had can't stand up to Cage so it's a pointless battle. Once can only watch Cage slap someone before you need to up the issues.. which Diamondback wasn't.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Which he did by episode 4.. in a rinse repeat kind of way.. the thugs that Cornell had can't stand up to Cage so it's a pointless battle. Once can only watch Cage slap someone before you need to up the issues.. which Diamondback wasn't.

i haven't gotten that far :)

Feb 25, 2011

Iron Fist teaser trailer released.

Another one?

Look, Netflix - you clearly have some of the best writers, actors, producers, showrunners, stunt choreographers, and flipping props people in the industry working for you on your Marvel properties. No shit.

But could we maybe get a couple more additional seasons of character development on the characters and series' that we're already fanatically in love with, before you make us sit through another 13 hours of origin story?

Thanks!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Full official iron fist trailer dropped for next month's debut.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I don't know anything about Iron fist but this trailer doesn't really do much for me. Plot is right along with Nolan's vision of Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I don't know anything about Iron fist but this trailer doesn't really do much for me. Plot is right along with Nolan's vision of Bruce Wayne.

they're like Judeo-Christian religions, they all have the same origin story, and Rosario Dawson is Moses

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
they're like Judeo-Christian religions, they all have the same origin story, and Rosario Dawson is Moses

I'm just saying....

Son of dead wealthy CEO/founder comes back from years of secret Buddhist ninja training in snowy Nepal like setting and finds company under siege by seedy business people....

What movie is that?

:p

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I'm just saying....

Son of dead wealthy CEO/founder comes back from years of secret Buddhist ninja training in snowy Nepal like setting and finds company under siege by seedy business people....

What movie is that?

:p

Iron Man?

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Critic reviews of the first 6 episodes are in and it looks like this might be Netflix/Marvel's first flop. :flushed:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Haven't watched IF yet, but wonder how much of the dislike is bandwagon from the prerelease "they cast a white guy!" hate.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Haven't watched IF yet, but wonder how much of the dislike is bandwagon from the prerelease "they cast a white guy!" hate.

That didn't matter to me. The way they wrote his character made it really hard to like him. It's kinda bad when I was cheering for Madam Gao the entire time.

Reactions: DietDrThunder

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
this review praises Luke Cage and trashes Iron Fist

http://uproxx.com/tv/iron-fist-defenders-guide/

I didn't read the Iron Fist comics growing up. My thoughts are:

1. Luke Cage was okay. It was slow. Not a lot of fighting. Final fight was pretty meh. Didn't end on a good cliffhanger ("always forward...sometimes backwards...derp"). Plus, the best part of it was Cottonmouth, and we all know how long that lasted.

2. I'd put Iron Fist under Daredevil, but above Luke Cage & Jessica Jones. I'd probably put JJ at #3 because while it was slow for ten episodes, the last few episodes were amazing. LC was steady but never really went nuts; all the cool stuff they could have done with a dude with bulletproof skin...anyway, I do think there are a lot of ways Iron Fist could be better, but it's definitely good. I saw a lot of critics doing negative reviews, but I really like it so far. 8 episodes in right now.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
That didn't matter to me. The way they wrote his character made it really hard to like him. It's kinda bad when I was cheering for Madam Gao the entire time.

I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't Iron Fist Gao herself when she changed the rules on him. Release the girl, KO her, voila!

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't Iron Fist Gao herself when she changed the rules on him. Release the girl, KO her, voila!

Or how Gao didn't use her own super punch against him instead of backing up all scared. Felt like that was so out of character from her from what we've seen in DD and IF.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

And now the convergence, all four series become one with The Defenders arriving 8/18.

Reactions: Crono