LSU vs South Carolina

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
Nope.

Are you watching in HD? The non-HD feed has play by play. The HD feed has no play by play. I'm on DirecTV btw. Weird.

Edit: i should mention that i get the background sound...so can hear the crowd, PA announcer...the little sounds the graphics make...that kind of stuff. Just no play by play.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I'm watching the game in HD on DirecTV and am getting play-by-play. The sound is lower than my other channels though.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: her209
Nope.

Are you watching in HD? The non-HD feed has play by play. The HD feed has no play by play. I'm on DirecTV btw. Weird.

Edit: i should mention that i get the background sound...so can hear the crowd, PA announcer...the little sounds the graphics make...that kind of stuff. Just no play by play.

It's something with directv. I"m watching the local affiliate OTA HD feed and I've got verne lundquist's play by play. ;)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Dammit...just got the play by play back. It was kinda cool watching the game without it...just crank the noise and it feels like you are at the game. :p

Okay...not really, but it was different...and actually kind of cool.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Dammit...just got the play by play back. It was kinda cool watching the game without it...just crank the noise and it feels like you are at the game. :p

Okay...not really, but it was different...and actually kind of cool.

Hmmm... interesting. I figured you'd either get sound or no sound, not partial.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
That was all the offensive line. Holliday was untouched.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy

Did the offensive line carry the ball into the endzone? It's a team for a reason. The offensive line didn't outrun the angle that last defender had on Holliday. That was all speed. And the RB has to still find those holes and hit them. He hit the seam perfectly (because of amazing blocking) made a little cut back, and used his speed. That was great blocking, but to say it was just the offensive line is ridiculous.

edit: spelling

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

Did the offensive line carry the ball into the endzone? It's a team for a reason. The offensive line didn't outrun the angle that last defender had on Holliday. That was all speed. And the RB has to still find those holes and hit them. He hit the seam perfectly (because of amazing blocking) made a little cut back, and used his speed. That was great blocking, but to say it was just the offensive line is ridiculous.

Didn't say Holliday had nothing to do with it. But the blocking on that play cleared the entire right side of the field...one blocker took out two defenders. I'd say pretty much any of the LSU RBs, with maybe the exception of Hester, would have scored on that play because of the blocking.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

Didn't say Holliday had nothing to do with it. But the blocking on that play cleared the entire right side of the field...one blocker took out two defenders. I'd say pretty much any of the LSU RBs, with maybe the exception of Hester, would have scored on that play because of the blocking.

I think Holliday is the only one of them that could have outrun that last defender (FS? SS? not sure who he was) as that guy looked to have a great angle on Holliday, but the speed just took over and he out ran him. The blocking was superb on that play...not going to argue with you.