Loyalty to our country is a threat to Trump

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Nothing to see here, just a paranoid President worried about whether those in his Administration are loyal to him above country. You think that Lincoln Project "whispers" ad really got to him, or was this an obvious concern for 2021?

The White House’s presidential personnel office is conducting one-on-one interviews with health officials and hundreds of other political appointees across federal agencies, an exercise some of the subjects have called “loyalty tests” to root out threats of leaks and other potentially subversive acts just months before the presidential election, according to interviews with 15 current and former senior administration officials.

The interviews are being arranged with officials across a wide range of departments including Health and Human Services, Defense, Treasury, Labor and Commerce and include the top tier of Trump aides: Senate-confirmed appointees. Officials are expected to detail their career goals and thoughts on current policies, said more than a dozen people across the administration with knowledge of the meetings.
Officials summoned for the interviews say the exercise is distracting from numerous policy priorities, like working to fight the pandemic, revitalizing the economy or overhauling regulation, and instead reflect the White House’s conviction that a “deep state” is working to undermine the president.

It’s “an exercise in ferreting out people who are perceived as not Trump enough,” said one person briefed on the meetings.
The reinterviewing exercise is being led by Johnny McEntee, a 30-year-old who's been a Trump aide since the 2016 campaign and was installed earlier this year as chief of the White House personnel office and is responsible for filling thousands or jobs across the federal agencies.
“It just seems like you could be a rocket scientist, but all they care about is whether you are MAGA,” said one senior administration official familiar with the interview process.

A pair of 20-something White House staffers will begin conducting interviews with political appointees at the Defense Department starting next week, three current and former U.S. officials told Foreign Policy, a move that some fear could lead to more dismissals of Pentagon officials considered disloyal to President Donald Trump.

The White House liaison office sent an email to political appointees at the Pentagon on Wednesday, inviting officials to schedule a meeting with representatives from the Presidential Personnel Office (PPO). The message, described in detail to Foreign Policy, touts the meetings as a platform for noncareer officials to show off their credentials for a position in a possible second Trump term.
current and former officials who spoke to Foreign Policy worry that the 30-minute interviews will be used to root out officials who aren’t seen as sufficiently loyal to Trump, as the Pentagon has been rocked by the recent departures of several top appointees who broke with the White House on the hold of military aid to Ukraine or had ties to Trump’s political foes.
“I think the assumption is correct—aligned with Trump or you’re out,” a former senior Trump administration official told Foreign Policy.

“Suffice it to say that in my 30 years in government I am unaware of anything quite like this,” Eric Edelman, a former Pentagon policy chief during the George W. Bush administration, told Foreign Policy in an email.

Foreign Policy reported this week that the McEntee-led PPO has been pushing for Rich Higgins, a former National Security Council staffer under Trump fired for a memo that alleged “deep state” political actors were conspiring to overthrow the president, to be hired for a top job in the Pentagon over objections from inside the department. Moving loyalists into political appointments at the Pentagon could position them to move into higher-level jobs if Trump is reelected in November.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Paranoia & purges are basic features of right wing authoritarianism. Re-elect Trump to have them goose stepping in parades. Feel the freedom.

Reactions: nickqt

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Stupid how decades of career experience is less to important than MAGA. I initially was about to say easy for Biden to dump staff based on these interviews. But wouldn’t trust anything produced from these trumpards running this smear campaign.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yep, alarming stuff.

It's funny, in a really depressing sense, how we are doing the opposite of what Xi Jinping has undertaken in China since taking power. He correctly saw a field of graft and corruption as an impediment for his expansionist agenda. With some exceptions for friends and family, he went about getting rid of the thieves, dirty entrepreneurs and feckless yes men that composed Beijing leadership, PLA, PLAN, MSS, everyone. He wants lean, mean and functional.

Compare that to Trump, who has made a habit of driving off experience and competency in favor of either leaving the position unfilled, or filling it with an ass licking sycophant, usually one with little to experience or competency. Sometimes they even display cognitive and/or empathy related issues on par with Il Douche himself. Big orange bossman is less interested in a functioning government than he is one he can warp for his handlers, as long as it means money and protection for him. This is a show to him after all.

For the rest of us it's a shitshow. One that has probably already set certain events into motion that will cost us in the future. Home and abroad, and I'm not talking a covid debacle. I really hope current and future generations of Americans can use 2016 as an example of what to avoid, at our peril.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaaR

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
A pair of 20-something White House staffers will begin conducting interviews with political appointees at the Defense Department starting next week, three current and former U.S. officials told Foreign Policy, a move that some fear could lead to more dismissals of Pentagon officials considered disloyal to President Donald Trump.
Hmmm... Totally normal in a democracy, yes. And not alarming at all. Move along! Move along.

I would say this sets Dumpy up for defeat, by filling positions with "loyal" (IE: thoroughly sycophantic) most likely incompetent, and quite possibly also huckstering con-men. People who are so ill-suited to doing their jobs (and likely prone to corruption) it makes the Dumpy regime poorly equipped to actually carrying out their multiple evil agendas because their inner workings function so badly.

However this kind of talk also opens the door for an old boogeyman, that spectre of what if Dumpy refuses to leave after he's been defeated. What if he claims the election was a fraud (IE, not HIS fraud, that is) and that undeniable victory was somehow stolen from him, and now he must stay to like, root out the guilty, and, um, "oversee" things, or whatever the F. Factamatter is, he's not stepping down, and possibly declaring "marshall" law, and anything else he might consider helpful including putting military on the streets again.

People poo-poo'd me last time I suggested this, and said the military brass hates him and pentagon hates him and FBI hates him and everybody hates him. Well OK, maybe they do, but if he fecking purges those people, then what?!

Who's gonna offer internal resistance to him staying on if he gets rid of the "disloyal" people?! Last I heard, cops and rank and file grunts in the army by and large still love the orange fker. Law and order only lasts as long as people respect the law (otherwise it's just word on a piece of paper), and obviously - as demonstrated by the past several years - neither Dumpy nor the uppermost echelons of the Repugnicon party care one iota about that.

So yeah. Everything's totally normal, why do you ask? lol thisisfine.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
DUVJ5E3.jpg

Yeah, sure, but did he ever get a really unfair low turn out at one of his rallies? Fauci had it too easy, and the fake news media eats it up, it's disgraceful. Pardon me while I block the CDC from testifying on opening schools.