nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
your age at the time:
how it started:
how it ended:
Why it sucked:
afterthoughts:

If you want to put a "highest time" in as well, feel free to do so.

teknoid

Nov 10, 1999
your age at the time: 49
how it started: 12+ year SO moved out March 13, 07
how it ended: It hasn't yet.
afterthoughts: I'll let you know in a few weeks... months... years...

rml

Lifer
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: nonameo
your age at the time:
how it started:
how it ended:
Why it sucked:
afterthoughts:

I think you should start 1st

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
your age at the time: 27
how it started: Clicked on reply at 4:52
how it ended: Hit Reply to Topic at 4:53
afterthoughts: Going home from work

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
age 30
divorce
son taken away with standard visitation
also got laid off

learned a great deal about life....

had to file bankruptcy also...

just wow...

and today...I got laid off again..after working at company for seven years...get 2 months severance pay...

hows that

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
your age at the time: 10
how it started: "i'll be ok"
how it ended: "$!%!#$!@%!@$%!@#$!@#$!@#$"
Why it sucked: can never be undone
afterthoughts: :(

When my dad died.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: rml
your age at the time:
how it started:
how it ended:
Why it sucked:
afterthoughts:

Good one Ray

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
My age at the time: 35
how it started: On the eve of a pending civil court case, my wife asked me to move out
how it ended: We decided to try counselling and went for six months, and it was reasonably successful.
Why it sucked: I was under tremendous business pressure to win the court case for my company, and then to have my wife blind side me that night was extremely upsetting. The marriage counselling forced me to take a long hard look at myself and my actions which is never an easy thing to do.
afterthoughts: It has made me a better person now, but it was hell for quite a long time.

High Point: The relationship I now have with my wife and children that is now possible because the work I have done has made me a more open and honest person.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HN

When my dad died.

Wow, what happened?

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
lots of divorce in here...

heres one more.

your age at the time: 36
how it started: SO of 17 years decided she needed some away time to "clear her head"
how it ended: hasnt yet, she isnt coming back.
Why it sucked: it could have all been worked out if she wanted to try even a little bit
afterthoughts: im better off without her, shes a mad, OCD person that needs to get her own head straight before staying with me and our 3 kids. they live with me.

ive had plenty of really low spots in my life, this is the biggest one recently tho. at the time, the others were all the lowest.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Originally posted by: HN

When my dad died.

Wow, what happened?
He got really sick but kept saying "i'll be ok" to assure us that he was (guess he didn't want us worrying). We stayed at the church that night and no one took us to the hospital to see him the next day (actually went to school because i really thought he'd be ok). When we got back from school, the priest told us my dad past away in the morning. i really couldn't hold back and just start going off with $!%!#$!@ %!@$%! @#$!@# $!@#$.

There's actually two things that can't be undone -- getting my dad back and not getting a chance to say any goodbyes. I'm 29 now and everytime i think about it i'm :(.

Alowishus

Sep 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Chunkee
age 30
divorce
also got laid off

just wow...

and today...I got laid off again..after working at company for seven years...get 2 months severance pay...

hows that

Are you.... Are you okay?

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: rml
your age at the time:
how it started:
how it ended:
Why it sucked:
afterthoughts:

My life's pretty static... and I'm young, so it would probably be something like during highschool, when I went from making alll A's to a healthy mix of all of the passing grades. (mostly due to apathy)

LeiZaK

Diamond Member
May 25, 2005
how it started: I dropped everything and went on a random road trip
how it ended: I moved back to my hometown.
Why it sucked: I was homeless during this period and sleeping where I could, eating when I could, doing whatever drugs I could get my hands on. Some nights in winter, I would sleep on hot natural spring caps to stay warm. They had this big ass chain in the middle of them that made them uncomfortable as hell.
afterthoughts: I feel I'm a lot better off because of it.

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
Your age at the time: 15

how it started: Started being scouted by major league baseball teams and big college teams because I threw 90+ mph as a sophomore in highschool

how it ended: three weeks after receiving an offer for a full baseball scholarship to 3 different universities (including Ga. Tech, which at the time was a baseball powerhouse), I tore the post medial epicondle tendon in my right arm in one pitch. It was August 14th, 1994, the bottom of the 4th inning, the 8th batter was up, I had him 1-2 and it was ~815 in the evening. Guess it made an impression.

Why it sucked: Do I have to spell it out? I had a legit shot a pro baseball taken away with one pitch

afterthoughts: On the other hand, if that didn't happen, I wouldn't be where I am today, which is relatively happy.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
17-18
Didn't finish my senior year in H.S.
Had a 3.7GPA, just gave up. Parents kept forcing me to study all my life and I rebelled.

They called me a failure and said I could never become anyone. They hated me.
Eventually finished up H.S (night classes, got an actual H.S diploma). & finished college too.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
your age at the time: 27 years old
how it started: Problems with boss at a new job
how it ended: Termination
Why it sucked: Unemployed for 3.5 months afterwards, new job was a pretty large paycut and doesnt have any benefits.
afterthoughts: I learned a lot about trusting supervisors, I learned alot about office politics. I also learned the grass is not always greener on the other side & if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Chunkee
age 30
divorce
also got laid off

just wow...

hows that

And we have a winner! Thread done

Sorry to hear that man :(

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
your age at the time: 8 and 15
how it started: when I was 8, my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer
how it ended: when I was 15, she died
Why it sucked: that's pretty obvious
afterthoughts: I'm still dealing with this 11 years later. On a positive side, she was originally given 6 months to live, so I'm very thankful that she lived 6 1/2 years longer than we thought she would

spanner

Jun 11, 2001
your age at the time: 21
how it started: Got seriously ill jan 1st 2004 just when I thought life was good.
how it ended: Got a clean bill of health Sep 2006 but my life is still not back on track
Why it sucked: Not an illness or ordeal I am really free to talk about and the stigma will follow me forever. Also its hard to convince people that know that I am truly and permanently better.
afterthoughts: At this point I don't believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but I do hope I am wrong.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Damn!

I can't believe that you are getting QUALITY responses to this thread. Most peeps who repsnd (as I've read) seem pretty sincere.

nonameo,
'
You ask a really tough question. I'm amazed tha you're getting the quality reposnes that you're getting. This is a tough one ///

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Age at time: 30
How it started: Wife said she wanted to separate on Sunday
Got relieved of my duties at job on Monday (demoted)
How it ended: Divorce, had to pay her 1/2 of home equity, she stole most of the stuff from the house while I was at work.
Why it sucked: Are you kidding?

Afterthoughts: She was a complete idiot anyway. Clarity comes after the worst is over, sometimes. I'm very lucky no kids were involved. And unbeknownest to me at the time, I had already met my next wife that I married 4 years later.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I can't even think of the worst time in my life...

I'm 24 and have had no family members or friends pass away, i've never been dumped, etc...
If I have to answer:

your age at the time: 22
how it started: Stomach pains
how it ended: Appendix removed
Why it sucked: In the middle of midterms at uni, surgury?
afterthoughts: Nothing

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Mine has to do with a girl but I want to add that it wasn't really losing her that sucked, but the situation that it forced me into.

your age at the time: 20

how it started: Girlfriend dumped me.

how it ended: Ran off to Thailand for a year.

Why it sucked: She was my first girlfriend and we had been together for over a year. We had taken a trip around the world together and were living together when we broke up, but it wasn't just that she dumped me but that I had to sleep on a few couches for a month while waiting to move across the state to go to school. Then when I moved across the state things ended up sucking out there for 4 months and I didn't end up meeting very many people.

afterthoughts: It was good in the end because I got my act together in school (went from a 1.82 GPA to a 3.6) and if it hadn't been for both us breaking up and me having so much free time to plan, I wouldn't have ever got to go to Thailand.