Lowes class action law suit.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Dude...let's put this in perspective here. These are not "career" jobs we're talking about here. When you have a "salaried" position that breaks down to $9-$11 an hour, yeah- get another job instead of suing. If they can't find employees because of their work practices, they'll change.

That'll never happen because there's always stupid, lazy people who are desperate for a job. Your tacit claim that companies should be able to take advantage of this and BREAK US LABOR LAWS is moronic.

I'm saying TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF. Nobody is forcing people to work there. If you don't like the way they're doing something, go work at Home Depot. They're hiring too, and they're paying the same.

So just let companies keep on breaking the law until it no longer pays off. That's your solution?

I've been in that situation twice. I've always left and found a better job. Why don't they get a union together if it's so bad?

They're trying, but it's easier said than done. And why should they form a union when they can take them to court and get the money owed to them?

And this doesn't change the fact that they're breaking the law. The lawsuit is not only for owed compensation, but also to bring to light the fact that you may have gotten screwed to those that are unaware.

So basically what you're saying is that a company is screwing you out of thousands of dollars, even if they're breaking the law, you should just let them get away with it? Even if you go ahead and get another job, you shouldn't even try to collect money that they illegally cheated you out of, right?

So I guess you'd be fine if your supervisor told you to hush up about your company illegally dumping into a river or lake? And that the government shouldn't fine them or take them to court for the costs necessary to clean up the mess, right?

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Why the hell are you so determined to let Lowe's off the hook for breaking the law, Fritzo? Do you have some special interest in them not losing this case? Who cares if the employees could have/should have found new jobs? How does that somehow excuse their behavior? You sound ridiculous.

"Lowe's broke the law and screwed their employees."
"Yeah, well, if Lowe's was breaking the law so much, why didn't the employees just quit, go through the struggle of finding a new job, lose the ability to collect unemployment, and basically completely take it up the ass? That'd show them!"

You're making yourself sound retarded.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Why the hell are you so determined to let Lowe's off the hook for breaking the law, Fritzo? Do you have some special interest in them not losing this case? Who cares if the employees could have/should have found new jobs? How does that somehow excuse their behavior? You sound ridiculous.

"Yeah, well, if Lowe's was breaking the law so much, why didn't the employees just quit, go through the struggle of finding a new job, lose the ability to collect unemployment, and basically completely take it up the ass? That'd show them!"

I guess I'm a bit more self sufficient than most people :roll:

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
I guess I'm a bit more self sufficient than most people

I guess. I'd keep arguing with you, but the fact that you don't have a single supporter in this thread, and the fact that you keep glossing over the fact that Lowe's broke the law with some unbelievably weak "Well it's the employee's fault for staying at a crappy job" argument is victory enough. You know what you sound like.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005

I guess I'm a bit more self sufficient than most people :roll:

nah, you just enjoy people getting screwed.