Low Poly Landscape

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Does anyone else have fun doing this?

Here is my first image that I'm pretty proud of. I don't like the yellow tint of the clouds that much though.
First Mountain Scene
4YCbmvL.jpg

Here are two more.

Second Mountain Scene
bkiDHrs.jpg

Night Time at Rock Formation
Ws2I2uO.jpg

2 more after that
Autumn
Kgdn1OC.png

Donut
1wDC5mD.jpg

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I don't like having any poly in my landscape except where I have it as a weed barrier.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Looks cool, but if I were to put in the time, I'd rather do high poly landscapes. I wish I had put in the time learning UnrealEd. You can make some great looking stuff with their engine. I always thought it would be cool making a kid's game that didn't suck. Most of them, at least when my daughter was young, were complete trash. Shitty graphics, and unfun game play. An Unreal mod would be perfect for a kid's game.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Looks cool, but if I were to put in the time, I'd rather do high poly landscapes. I wish I had put in the time learning UnrealEd. You can make some great looking stuff with their engine. I always thought it would be cool making a kid's game that didn't suck. Most of them, at least when my daughter was young, were complete trash. Shitty graphics, and unfun game play. An Unreal mod would be perfect for a kid's game.

High poly stuff looks realistic, but I like this type of cartoony plastic land. It's quite tedious. Like the trees and stuff.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Yeah, I used to do this, when I was a lot younger, using Paint, on my 386 computer, with a PS2 mouse, on a CRT monitor... I grew out of it though, some time before high school.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I want to learn blender more. I've been looking at tutorials and stuff but got side tracked.

I eventually want to make a game, or as a start, at least make a map for an existing game, so it's a good program to know.

Coming from an Autocad background I find it's hard to pickup though. I can whip up some of the most crazy 3D scenes in AutoCAD, but it's not really made for art. lol. Blender is also free and open source which is a bonus.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
I want to learn blender more. I've been looking at tutorials and stuff but got side tracked.

I eventually want to make a game, or as a start, at least make a map for an existing game, so it's a good program to know.

Coming from an Autocad background I find it's hard to pickup though. I can whip up some of the most crazy 3D scenes in AutoCAD, but it's not really made for art. lol. Blender is also free and open source which is a bonus.

Autocad is easier to navigate, Blender is all about shortcuts.