Lover's Tiff? (Isn't water wet?)

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Calling Trump "Dotard", is like calling water wet.

North Korea threatens to resume calling Trump ‘dotard’
By HYUNG-JIN KIM an hour ago

1575563609122.png
FILE - In this Feb. 28, 2019 file photo, North Korea Deputy Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui talks during a press conference at Melia Hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. North Korea is threatening to resume insults of U.S. President Donald Trump and consider him a “dotard” if he keeps using words that provoke the North. North Korean 1st Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui made the comments on Thursday, days after Trump spoke of a possible military option toward the North and resumed calling its leader, Kim Jong Un, “rocket man.” (AP Photo/Vincent Yu, File)

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea threatened Thursday to resume insults of U.S. President Donald Trump and consider him a “dotard” if he keeps using provocative language, such as referring to its leader as “rocket man.”

Choe Son Hui, the first vice foreign minister, issued the warning via state media days after Trump spoke of possible military action toward the North and revived his “rocket man” nickname for North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un.

The comments came as prospects dim for a resumption of nuclear diplomacy between the two countries. In recent months, North Korea has hinted at lifting its moratorium on nuclear and long-range missile tests if the Trump administration fails to make substantial concessions in nuclear diplomacy before the end of the year.

Choe said Trump’s remarks “prompted the waves of hatred of our people against the U.S.” because they showed “no courtesy when referring to the supreme leadership of dignity” of North Korea.

She said North Korea will respond with its own harsh language if Trump again uses similar phrases and shows that he is intentionally provoking North Korea.

“If any language and expressions stoking the atmosphere of confrontation are used once again on purpose at a crucial moment as now, that must really be diagnosed as the relapse of the dotage of a dotard,” Choe said.

On Wednesday, the North’s military chief, Pak Jong Chon, also warned that the use of force against the North would cause a “horrible” consequence for the Americans. He said North Korea will take unspecified “prompt corresponding actions at any level” if the U.S. takes any military action.

During a visit to London, Trump on Tuesday said his relationship with Kim was “really good” but also called for him to follow up on a commitment to denuclearize. Trump added, “We have the most powerful military we ever had, and we are by far the most powerful country in the world and hopefully we don’t have to use it. But if we do, we will use it.”

Trump also said Kim “likes sending rockets up, doesn’t he?” He added that “That’s why I call him rocket man.”

In 2017, Trump and Kim traded threats of destruction as North Korea carried out a slew of high-profile weapons tests aimed at acquiring an ability to launch nuclear strikes on the U.S. mainland. Trump said he would rain “fire and fury” on North Korea and derided Kim as “little rocket man,” while Kim questioned Trump’s sanity and said he would “tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

The two leaders have avoided such words and developed better relations after North Korea entered nuclear negotiations with the U.S. last year. Trump even said he and Kim “fell in love.”

Kim and Trump have met three times, starting with a summit in Singapore in June last year. But their nuclear diplomacy has remained largely deadlocked since their second meeting in Vietnam in February ended without any deal due to disputes over U.S.-led sanctions on North Korea.

• Haha
Reactions: esquared
Jan 25, 2011
I put something about this in the Trump 2019 thread but I just can't help but laugh at the fact that threats of name calling is what amounts to international diplomacy with the intent of stemming nuclear proliferation in this admin.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Jesus fucking christ.

These two are the heads of nuclear powers.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea threatened Thursday to resume insults of U.S. President Donald Trump and consider him a “dotard” if he keeps using provocative language, such as referring to its leader as “rocket man.”

If it was in a playground they would both get sent to the naughty corner!

Reactions: Meghan54

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I put something about this in the Trump 2019 thread but I just can't help but laugh at the fact that threats of name calling is what amounts to international diplomacy with the intent of stemming nuclear proliferation in this admin.
Trump just doubled down on showing the world how easily basic mockery manipulates him with his childish taking of his toys and going home from the NATO summit.

Reactions: amenx and Meghan54

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Something occurred to me last night. If anyone other than Trump, said the things that he said not only about women in general, but specifically Fiona Hill, or Lisa Page, They would be sitting in jail, on charges of aggravated stalking.

Trump just doubled down on showing the world how easily basic mockery manipulates him with his childish taking of his toys and going home from the NATO summit.

I can’t remember the last time anyone, let alone a president of the United States, was laughed off a continent.

Jesus fucking christ.

These two are the heads of nuclear powers.
If it was in a playground they would both get sent to the naughty corner!

Remember when they were "in love"?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Who knew diplomacy could be reduced to I'm rubber, you're glue....

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah. This is like little kids pulling pigtails to get attention!

Back when I was in sixth grade, there was this fat kid and I could get him all in a tizzy just by poking his fat belly with my index finger. He would just go off. Other kids saw it and started doing it for the entertainment of it all. People do things to see the predictable reaction they get. Trump reacts a lot, so everyone pokes his proverbial belly.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
trump is going to cancel his press conference and call kim nasty on twitter

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Back when I was in sixth grade, there was this fat kid and I could get him all in a tizzy just by poking his fat belly with my index finger. He would just go off. Other kids saw it and started doing it for the entertainment of it all. People do things to see the predictable reaction they get. Trump reacts a lot, so everyone pokes his proverbial belly.

Sound reason for him to be POTUS, lol....gj!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He doesn't get poked any where near enough. He needs to be held to account in interviews.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

This post reveals so much about you and explains so much.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Back in the 60s, the world was normal, and we took drugs to make it appear strange.

Now, the world is strange, and we take drugs to make it appear normal.

1575637918101.png

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

so you were a fucking asshole as a child, shaming another kid into what was probably hell for many years.

I see why you worship a piece of shit like Trump--you see the twinkle-eyed asshole of your former childself in that man, don't you?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
so you were a fucking asshole as a child, shaming another kid into what was probably hell for many years.

I see why you worship a piece of shit like Trump--you see the twinkle-eyed asshole of your former childself in that man, don't you?
Thanks for giving perfectly innocent kids a complex. Never understood bullies. I was big for my age, so they left me alone.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Aren't you a classy.

That man is still a friend of mine and runs a successful real estate company. He's not chubby anymore and we have laughed about it over beers. We produced men back then.
No need to be concerned. Words like yours are more painful than that kind of kid stuff.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

A 73-year-old man who's President of the US shouldn't have the immaturity and fragile ego of a sixth-grader.

Reactions: darkswordsman17