Louisiana under state of emergency due to massive statewide police shortage

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
1709414498766.png1709414656093.png

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry has declared a state of emergency due to a police officer shortage in the state.

Louisiana sheriffs’ offices are down approximately 1,800 deputies statewide, according to the Louisiana Sheriffs' Association. Employment is at a record low, and police response times have slowed as a result.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm surprised, down there they can get away with killing minorities easier, so why the shortage?

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm surprised, down there they can get away with killing minorities easier, so why the shortage?
Rhetoric like this is what is causing the shortage, and also there are a lot of cops who are doing good things for the minorities in LA.....

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
My WAG is that the pay for police in Louisiana sucks compared to the alternatives.

Besides calling attention to the problem, what does declaring a state of emergency do for this problem? It's not something that happened overnight. It's probably the result of poor governance and years of bad decisions made by those in control.

I sure hope they aren't looking for more federal bailout money.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Rhetoric like this is what is causing the shortage, and also there are a lot of cops who are doing good things for the minorities in LA.....
Go fuck yourself. The cops don't want any accountability, The only training they want is to treat everyone as a death threat, And they refuse to report bad cops and encourage that behavior.

We need a complete overhaul of the police department. The culture of policing this country is fucked. We need better trained and more accountable police. And I mean a lot more trained. Not this 6-month nonsense That barely teaches anything except you can die at any moment and how to do some paperwork. No deescalation training nothing of depth.

The second there's even a threat of accountability, They don't want to deal with it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I would enjoy the sea food I think. Also I love the accents. But with everything it would be a mixed bag because everywhere I go there I am. We are the world. It is our reflection, the product of attitude. How is yours. You would start off handicapped because you are already imagining it to happen only by force. Didn't anybody tell you that if you just smile the world smiles with you? So smile you stupid fuck.

Now now, just kidding to show you how easy it is to get triggered. If you're smiling congrats. Love you.

Reactions: GettyRoad

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I would enjoy the sea food I think.
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
I'm going to dig out my wild frozen I have in the freezer. I think my favorite is Tempura shrimp. Done right requires quite a bit of technique. I seldom e order it anymore because I suspect most in restaurants is farmed. I imagine filthy ponds, sadly.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

You just brightened my day braddah.<--(Hawaiian for brother) 🤙<--(Hawaiian shaka sign) Aloha!

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Go fuck yourself. The cops don't want any accountability, The only training they want is to treat everyone as a death threat, And they refuse to report bad cops and encourage that behavior.

We need a complete overhaul of the police department. The culture of policing this country is fucked. We need better trained and more accountable police. And I mean a lot more trained. Not this 6-month nonsense That barely teaches anything except you can die at any moment and how to do some paperwork. No deescalation training nothing of depth.

The second there's even a threat of accountability, They don't want to deal with it.
You're right, but the middle class doesn't want to see accountability because they're afraid it hinders cops from doing their jobs.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You're right, but the middle class doesn't want to see accountability because they're afraid it hinders cops from doing their jobs.

Bullshit. No one has ever said that or implied.
Where I live, most of us in the middle class think the cops are worthless. They're more concerned with eating donuts than they are helping people.

The cops here aren't worth two shits.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is a good thing but is also probably a lie: The LA/NO police force is the most corrupt in the nation, and has been for a very long time. Less LA police means vastly less crime--because all of those cops are abject criminals.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Bullshit. No one has ever said that or implied.
Where I live, most of us in the middle class think the cops are worthless. They're more concerned with eating donuts than they are helping people.

The cops here aren't worth two shits.
Have you seen Long Island and places like Florida? Most middle class white people love the police. Who do you think created the Blue Lives Matter reaction to Black Lives Matter?

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
The only people who talk like this is the cop union or people with punisher thin blue line decals on their truck.
Which comprises the white middle class--from the NOLA white flight suburb Metairie, to Long Island to Little Havana.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
This is a good thing but is also probably a lie: The LA/NO police force is the most corrupt in the nation, and has been for a very long time. Less LA police means vastly less crime--because all of those cops are abject criminals.
I guess you're okay with vigilantes and racial goons coming out like it was in the 40s, 50s, 60s? That and the open carry gun crap in LA will make the state more violent as it is already.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Sadly, yes, hence why NOPD has a consent decree.