Louisiana Corrupt Politicians thread:Feds raid 8 yr sitting democrat congressman homes & vehicles

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Lousiana is considered to have the most corrupt Politicians in the Country:

8-4-2005 Feds raid homes of New Orleans congressman

NEW ORLEANS - In a two-city raids, FBI agents searched the Washington and New Orleans homes of a Louisiana congressman, hauling away boxes and bags from one of the residences.

The Justice Department refused to say what agents were looking for during the searches of US Representative William Jefferson's homes and vehicle.

Jefferson, an eight-term Democrat from New Orleans, said in a statement issued by his office yesterday that he did not know the extent or precise nature of the investigation. Jefferson says he's cooperating fully.

Jefferson's brother-in-law, a former state judge, recently was convicted of mail fraud in a wide-ranging investigation of bail bond corruption in Jefferson Parish.

The brother-in-law, Alan Green, was the 14th defendant convicted in the investigation called "Operation Wrinkled Robe." The others, including a former judge, Ronald Bodenheimer, pleaded guilty.

According to federal court documents in the case, in a recorded conversation Jefferson asked Green to raise money for the congressman's daughter in her successful 2003 campaign for the Legislature.

Local Senate Seat that came up because long time local State Senator John Heinkley died of a massive heart attack a month ago.

I would've run but you have to be a resident for 2 years.

Listen to this:

The Candidate with a proven record of conservative leadership.

- Fighting against higher Taxes

- Defending Life

- Protecting Traditional Marriage

- Defending the 2nd Amendment

- reforming Healthcare

- Improving Education
=======================================
Have to laugh that Life and the 2nd Amendement needs "defending".

Marriage needs "protecting"

Reform what Healthcare? There isn't any Healthcare to reform :confused:

I thought GOP Bush led NCLB improved Education, so that's not working??? :confused:

Fighting higher Taxes, how by giving more Tax breaks to the Rich while screwing everyone else more???

I'll do whatever I can between now to make sure this Republican is sent back to Church and stays there. Stay out of our Government Religious Zealot.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
More Lies:

Says "he will stand up to the Liberals".

"Time and time again, conservative legislation has been blocked by the Liberals - from a ban on human cloning to meaningful tax cuts for Lousiana families and businesses."

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
I encourage everyone to vote for him. If he pisses Dave off, you know he's the right guy for the job.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I would've run but you have to be a resident for 2 years.

Think I can speak for the republicans in that district when I say that we wish you could have ran.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
More Lies from this guy:

Says "he will stand up to the Liberals".

"Time and time again, conservative legislation has been blocked by the Liberals - from a ban on human cloning to meaningful tax cuts for Lousiana families and businesses."
=======================================================

What a lie.

Since when is it Liberal Democrats against cloning and Stem Cell research???

It's the Republicans against Science not the Democrats.

Lying fvking Bastard to get the votes and I bet he will too.
Just wait until the mudslinging starts against the Democratic candidate. McConnell has already come to Kentucky to start a smear campaign against a State Representative running to fill a vacancy in a special election come May 24. Unbelievable the depths they'll stoop to.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
What happened to the Indian guy who ran for Senate last time around? (I looked his name up, it's Bobby Jindal). Isn't he running? He'd make a helluva good Senator, esp. compared to the guy you have listed. Him and Barack Obama from Illinois would make excellent sparring partners in some future Presidential election.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: glenn1
What happened to the Indian guy who ran for Senate last time around? (I looked his name up, it's Bobby Jindal). Isn't he running? He'd make a helluva good Senator, esp. compared to the guy you have listed. Him and Barack Obama from Illinois would make excellent sparring partners in some future Presidential election.

Jindal is the Republican Representative in Congress for this District.

David Vitter is the Republicans that won the Senator seat.

They both tow the Republican line like good little puppets.

slyedog

Jan 12, 2001
hahahahahaha. dave said he would have run but he could not qualify. if he could qualify, he would need more than his vote to beat this guy. hahahahaha

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: slyedog
hahahahahaha. dave said he would have run but he could not qualify. if he could qualify, he would need more than his vote to beat this guy. hahahahaha

I'm skipping over all the small time Politics anyway and going straight for the Whitehouse.

W getting 8 yrs means I have a great shot at a landslide victory.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
There is something like 26 people going for this one Senate seat.

None of them list whether they are Democrat or Republican.

The Republicans replaced the guy with just as a Religious Zealot from the next town from me here. She was even worse.

She had a ton of money backing for her Campaign while Julie was all grass roots.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

NEW ORLEANS - In a two-city raids, FBI agents searched the Washington and New Orleans homes of a Louisiana congressman, hauling away boxes and bags from one of the residences.

The Justice Department refused to say what agents were looking for during the searches of US Representative William Jefferson's homes and vehicle.

Jefferson, an eight-term Democrat from New Orleans, said in a statement issued by his office yesterday that he did not know the extent or precise nature of the investigation. Jefferson says he's cooperating fully.

Jefferson's brother-in-law, a former state judge, recently was convicted of mail fraud in a wide-ranging investigation of bail bond corruption in Jefferson Parish.

The brother-in-law, Alan Green, was the 14th defendant convicted in the investigation called "Operation Wrinkled Robe." The others, including a former judge, Ronald Bodenheimer, pleaded guilty.

According to federal court documents in the case, in a recorded conversation Jefferson asked Green to raise money for the congressman's daughter in her successful 2003 campaign for the Legislature.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Huh, a Democrat. Guess they can't be counted on to save eeeeeevil Republicans, eh Davey?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Remember, this is the state that continually re-elected Edwin Edwards as governor. :roll:

I'm not the least bit sorry I moved from that (largely) backwater state. :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Huh, a Democrat. Guess they can't be counted on to save eeeeeevil Republicans, eh Davey?

Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Remember, this is the state that continually re-elected Edwin Edwards as governor. :roll:

I'm not the least bit sorry I moved from that (largely) backwater state. :D

They may have been corrupt but they did not negatively affect the citizens as a whole like the Republicans do now.

Only if you are rich you are not affected by the Republican agenda.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Curious. None of the guys so aggressively defending people like DeLay and Rove are speaking up on Jefferson's behalf. Can't imagine why.

I say good deal. If the guy's crooked, take him down. Take them all down, regardless of party. Let's purge D.C. of the scoundrels and unabashed corporate whores. Yes, they probably won't be able to field a quorum in either house at first, but America needs new blood to raise the bar on politics.