Lottery Hurting - Power Ball Experiments

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Most lottery games are rigged. Especially powerball. Not rigged as to who wins, but when and how much is won. Its rigged to make it more appealing to players. It use to be you always seen the pot grow to 100 mill, 200 mill +, then, ONE person won it. Its more addictive/exciting if ONE person wins 200 mill, than 100 people willing 200 mill (just 2 mill per winner). But powerball and others have hit upon hard times. So they have tried a new approach. That is, allow a winner more often, at lower jackpots. Many times in the last few months, the pot has only been around 10 - 20 mill when won. They cant figure if people play more when its 200 mill, or 10 mill. That is, over the long run, what works best to attract players.
Why think this? Because EVERY number played is known by their computer. It knows what numbers are played, how often, and what number to pick to get one winner, or no winner (letting the pot grow). You'll never see 5 or more people winning a 200 mill pot, unless its a group purchase of one ticket. Thats the one thing powerball cant control.
And also, its still organized crime controlled. Nothing has changed there. Its to their benefit, not the players. The best way to win is not to play.

jds2006

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2005
Lottery tickets are a waste of money. I'd rather spend my dollar on a couple packs of berry Skittles. Yumm

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
hey, after drinking 6 Dr. Peppers, I won a remote control mini cooper. after entering them numers from the cap into the website, a picture of mini cooper showed up and said that I've won instantly.... of course I was like, what the hell, did i win some sort of second prize...

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Most lottery games are rigged.
Completely false statement. With the exception of New Jersey, (;)). state run lottery games are not rigged or part of organized crime. You've been watching too many conspiracy movies...

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Let me understand this, you have proof that the lottery is rigged as to how many win and when and you came to ATOT to post rather than going to the newspapers. Who is your source?

BTW-the lottery is a tax on idiots.

watek

Apr 21, 2004
Originally posted by: Pepsei
hey, after drinking 6 Dr. Peppers, I won a remote control mini cooper. after entering them numers from the cap into the website, a picture of mini cooper showed up and said that I've won instantly.... of course I was like, what the hell, did i win some sort of second prize...

you're lucky cause i've opened so many bottles but i all get is "please try again" LOL