Lot's of luck in your Senior year

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

At a particularly contentious moment in his State of the Union address, President Biden ad-libbed a line that left a lot of people scratching their heads.

He was taunting Republicans who want to repeal the Inflation Reduction Act, which includes the politically popular measure to cap drug prices for seniors.

5 takeaways from Biden's State of the Union address
Politics

"As my football coach used to say, 'Lots of luck in your senior year,'" Biden said with a chuckle and a wry smile.

But what does that even mean?
---------------------------------
I can't believe it isn't obvious what he meant. How about you?

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I had better things to do than watch the address, like enjoy a steak and beer, but from what I've read is the entire speech was setup to get the Republadumbs to lash out and then for him to say something only for them to agree and not be able to walk it back later. It's a smartasses's way of doing things but it gets it on record. Now if only poor republicans can get a fucking clue that their leaders take them for the smart as shit for brain bricks they are. Not being a native American myself, as in foreign born, I've long suspected the Republicans were alright people at some point in history and during the Dixie exodus from the Democratic party the Dixiecrats joined the ranks of the Republicans and muddied the waters.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I had better things to do than watch the address, like enjoy a steak and beer, but from what I've read is the entire speech was setup to get the Republadumbs to lash out and then for him to say something only for them to agree and not be able to walk it back later. It's a smartasses's way of doing things but it gets it on record. Now if only poor republicans can get a fucking clue that their leaders take them for the smart as shit for brain bricks they are. Not being a native American myself, as in foreign born, I've long suspected the Republicans were alright people at some point in history and during the Dixie exodus from the Democratic party the Dixiecrats joined the ranks of the Republicans and muddied the waters.
The speech was Biden launching his presidential run.

I thought it was pretty good, worth the watch.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
The speech was Biden launching his presidential run.

I thought it was pretty good, worth the watch.
I'll give it a go in the morning after my coffee. Question is whether he can win. I'm sure he can, but his age may be an issue for some.

Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'll give it a go in the morning after my coffee. Question is whether he can win. I'm sure he can, but his age may be an issue for some.
I think Biden has been quite good but not sure he should run. Unfortunately there are no real rising fresh stars in the party right now. The main issue with him is where has the guy who made that speech fucking with the GQP these last three years? He's let them control the messaging and Dems always being on defense.

The only dem with big network name recognition that seems to understand what needs to be done is Newsom. I know he has baggage and I have no idea what he sounds like or his charisma, but in interviews I've read with him, hrs the only one that is telling Dems to not just play defense, and start messaging better.

I'll have to watch some vids of his soon

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and Thump553

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

At a particularly contentious moment in his State of the Union address, President Biden ad-libbed a line that left a lot of people scratching their heads.

He was taunting Republicans who want to repeal the Inflation Reduction Act, which includes the politically popular measure to cap drug prices for seniors.

5 takeaways from Biden's State of the Union address's State of the Union address
Politics

"As my football coach used to say, 'Lots of luck in your senior year,'" Biden said with a chuckle and a wry smile.

But what does that even mean?
---------------------------------
I can't believe it isn't obvious what he meant. How about you?
I didn't know how to do that spoiler thingi.

It means that the coach has just witnessed you doing something in his presence that indicates a level of intelligence on your part that will require a tremendous amount of good luck coming your way for there to be any hope of you graduating.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I hope trump wins the Repub nomination.
That way age won't be an issue.

If desanta wins, he'll hammer on bidens age.

As for bidens quote, I have no idea what it means in that context with the Repubs?

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
As for bidens quote, I have no idea what it means in that context with the Repubs?
They will be old too at some point in their miserable lives. What if they need insulin also?

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
If desanta wins, he'll hammer on bidens age.
I have a feeling big mouse is going to challenge Desantis and his administration the moment he announces and they're biding their time digging dirt on him. They'll also find a method of unloading their tax and upkeep burden, costing the state and taxpayers more money.

Reactions: Pohemi