Lots o' Video Game Deals at Toys 'R' Us - B2G1 + 25% off clearance (Stacks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashbinslashbash

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
I went to 2 different TRU's and made out like a bandit.

First off, anything on clearance with the price ending in '8' or '0' gets extra 25% off. (Most that I saw ended in .98 -- and most clearance items were clearly marked on the shelf, which was handy.)

Secondly, they have a Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal on all games and accessories. They will let you "group" the deals to your best advantage, but of course the "free" item has to be equal or lesser value to the other two items. For example, if you choose 3 $50 items and 3 $20 items, you will get one $50 item free and one $20 item free.

These deals stack.

Unfortunately, I cannot find my receipts at the moment, so I will be going from memory on this.

First off, they had the Hori Xbox 360 Arcade Fighting Stick EX2 for $40 on clearance -- then take 25% off that. To complete this combo, I paid the regular price for a PS3 DualShock3 ($59?) that I needed. Also they had the "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Game Pack" for $40 (also not on clearance) which includes a black wireless controller (official Microsoft, not a knock-off, the same one that you would pay $50 for in different packaging) with 4 Xbox Live Arcade games included for free (3 on-disc that require the disc to play: Geometry Wars 2, Lumines Live, and Bomberman Live; and one redemption code for Ms. Pac-Man). So that was my first buy-2, get-1-free deal, which resulted in paying $100 for all 3 controllers.

The games... "You're in the Movies" 360 for $10 (including 360 Live Vision camera), Scene It 360 with 4 controllers for $25 (this is actually a really fun game, and better than the Scene It board games), Mass Effect 2 (360) for $25, Street Fighter IV for $25... those were clearance prices, and then take extra 25% off, and then throw in the Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal on top of that (I used Wii Nunchucks to make up the rest of the B2G1 deal).

There were MANY clearance games, and I did not spend the time to look through all of them (unsurprisingly, there was a lot of junk). There were also MANY clearance accessories, but most of them were junk IMO, with the exception of a couple of things. I think they had an Xbox 360 battery pack charger on clearance, along with the Hori fighting stick. From what I am able to tell, most of the clearance prices on games would not beat Amazon's prices on those same games, but when you stack the 25% off and the B2G1, you come out ahead, even with tax. I know I also could have chosen my selections better to get the dollar amounts even for the most efficient use of the B2G1 deal, but I didn't want to spend too much, and I actually did need a PS3 controller.

Remember, not just clearance items are subject to the B2G1 deal. So if you need extra Wiimotes/nunchucks/classic controllers, PS3/360 controllers... you name it, it's on sale (although I don't think it applies to consoles themselves), and that's the kind of stuff that hardly ever goes on sale on its own. Now that I think about it, I should have tried to buy MS Live points using B2G1... maybe I will go back tomorrow and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.