LOTR Two Towers script leaks

bentwookie

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2002
from a LOTR MB

Subject: TTT Script Details !!! SPOILERS
These details were posted at Tolkienonline.com on the Movies Meassge board by someone who has found a contact with an early version of the TTT script....

Be warned, if you don't want to have any SPOILERS or notion of what may occur in TTT the movie, don't read on.

"I have recently aquired a 'source'. This person, who goes by the name "Banquo" has a version of the Two Towers script. I will be able to be in contact with Banquo for a few months. Here is the first section of questions I had answered.

1. How up to date is your version of the script?

It is not dated as far as I can see.

2. In your version of the script, how is Saruman's demise depicted?

Saruman is killed after his staff is broken by Gandalf. He is pushed off the balcony by Grima and he lands on one of his machines. The palantir then slips from his hands and rolls into the water.. it floats as if it boyant and Pippin picks it up while everyone is distracted with the phemomena of Saruman's death (it isn't described in the script, but seems to be something supernatural like in the book).

3. Is Edoras ever attacked/lit on fire?

No, Edoras remains unscathed.

4. What elves (ie. Lorien, Elrond's sons) are present at the battle of Helm's Deep? How do they get there?

Elrond, Arwen, and many of the Elves from Rivendell decide to leave their home because they feel it is no longer safe.

ELROND:
"Saruman's orcs grow near, and I fear
that the shadow has set upon our power.
We shall go east, to Lothlorien, and await
our doom."

Before they leave, Arwen, dressed for the road, takes the shards of Narsil.

And so they go. Arwen begins to have troubling visions as they travel. Once they reach Lorien she talks to Galadriel about it, and she offers to let Arwen use her mirror. Arwen views her whole relationship with Aragorn, starting with when he first sees her, some happy times, and their farwell at Rivendell.

She then sees him at the battle of Helms Deep. The rain is pouring down, and he is alone surrounded by dozens of Uruk-hai. He is then killed. Seeing this, she pleads with her father and Galadriel to send help. They agree and a group -- led by Haldir, the elf dude Aragorn spoke to in the first movie -- leads them. Arwen wishes to go, but Elrond convinces her to stay behind for now.

We hear no more about the Elves until Theoden, Aragorn, and Company arrive at Helms Deep. It seems deserted from a distance, and it is thought that the orcs succeeded in killing the people (refugees) inside. As they get closer the Elves, armed with arrows, pop up from behind the bulwarks. Seeing that they are from Rohan puts them at ease.

Haldir comes to Aragorn and Theoden and explain that they were able to
defend the people and the small Rohirim contingent in the base from a few raids, but that their scouts report that Saruman has amassed a huge army of Uruk-hai and Wildmen which are marching towards Helms Deep.

During the huge battle which follows, Haldir is slain and Aragorn -- after much debate and thought -- takes control of the Elves and the Rohirrim.

5. What is Boromir's part in the film?

Boromir is not seen in any dreams or visions or anything, though he is spoken about in great fondness by his brother.

6. Where does the movie leave Frodo and Sam?

They are traveling up the mountains towards Cirith Ungol.

I'm here with some more questions/answers! Again, these are spoilers so consider yourself warned!

7. To what extent are the Easterlings used in the film?

The Easterlings are seen by Frodo and Sam in Ithilien marching in force into Mordor along with the Haradrim. Later, there is a skirmish between the Haradrim and Faramir's men, and once the battle is over (the Hobbits are present), Faramir speaks as he looks down upon a fallen Haradrim:

FARAMIR:
I wonder what his name was, where
his home is, his family. Was he really
evil at heart, or did the Dark Lord
deceive him, as he has deceived so
many others? What lies or threats led
him on the long march from his home?

This is one of the longer pieces of dialog in the script, and for some
reason reminds me of Gandalf's little speech in Moria.

8. Do Aragorn/Pippin confront Sauron with the Palantir?

Yes. Pippin looks into it the evening after he takes it from the water
(Gandalf does not get it, Pippin "pockets" it as best he can). From the way Pippin's encounter is described, I don't think there will be any FX shots seeing into Pippin's viewing of Sauron besides perhaps a few flashes of fire and lightening in the Palantir. Pippin goes very stiff, his eyes wide open, his mouth moving noiselessly and then suddenly cries out and goes limp.

PIPPIN:
Then he came... he did not speak, he
just looked and I understood.

Aragorn looks into it before leaving on the Paths of the Dead -- it seems to sort of convince him that he is ready / that it needs to be done. The way it is described seems like we'll get something of a visual confrontation of wills here, from inside Aragorn's mind

ARAGORN:
I spoke no word to him, and he beheld me.

9. How is the delivery of Narsil handled?

What delivery do you mean? Aragorn is not given Anduril in THE TWO TOWERS.

10. How do Frodo and Sam meet up with Gollum?

Exactly how is seen in the recent preview. Gollum is crawling down the side of a cliff with the Hobbits sleeping below. As he reaches for "the precious" around Frodo's neck, Sam tackles him and begins wrestling. He's losing, but then Frodo brings out Sting and threatens Gollum with it.

FRODO:
This is Sting! You have seen it before,
let him go or you'll feel it this time.

11. Why is Elrond so easily moved from Rivendell?

When Elrond does in fact reach Lorien, he has a short conversation with Celeborn / Galadriel and about Aragorn and combating Sauron's forces.

Elrond:
The banners of Gil-Galad fly no
more, and we have lost much, but I am
unwilling to abandon Middle-earth,
where we have long suffered and long
dwelt.

It seems Elrond is ready to fight for Middle Earth."

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I posted these already, except i have a lot more (link) and the source is now confirmed as FAKE. :( :( there was some good stuff but what are ya gonna do.

Whitecloak

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
wtf?

saruman dies?

the movie appears to diverge more and more from the books. :disgust:

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: whitecloak
wtf?

saruman dies?

FAKE FAKE FAKE. we don't know anything for sure

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Actually it appears some have merit, but many were just pulled out fo someone's behind. There was 11 such threads loaded with these spoilers and now i'm hearing that 3 of them may be accurate, but the rest are most likely made up or based on speculation. Damn rumors!!!!! :|

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: kami
Originally posted by: whitecloak
wtf?

saruman dies?

FAKE FAKE FAKE. we don't know anything for sure

thats good, I was getting a little annoyed if that were the case.