LOTR: ROTK trailer (real)

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I'll wait for the QT version on Apple.com!

pfffaahahaaahaa.... baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa.

Oh.. excuuuhauuahaahahaaaaaa! BAAAAAhahaha.

All you mac people crack me up.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: AbsolutDealage

Who's using a Mac? The fact is that the best, largest and highest quality version of the trailer will be in QT

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Yes, but it shouldn't be. I refuse to download or install quicktime on my machine. It is bloated, nags about registering, and it's an apple product. Ugh.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Only 1/3 of the trailer butchered, poorly encoded, way too dark, asian text all over the place.

i.e. i stopped it after 2 seconds and deleted it! My local theater isn't showing the trailer (I called), so I guess I will wait til monday for a real copy :(

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: aves2k

Who's using a Mac? The fact is that the best, largest and highest quality version of the trailer will be in QT

Exactly...there's nothing wrong with quicktime...and it is not bloated. Less bloated than Windows Media Player (not 6.4) and Real Player. Trailer files are always extremely high quality in quicktime, but windows media versions always suck total balls. Go look at the matrix revoluions trailer in quicktime, it fvcking rocks.

whaleskinrug

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Yes, but it shouldn't be. I refuse to download or install quicktime on my machine. It is bloated, nags about registering, and it's an apple product. Ugh.

rolleye.gif

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001

Can I use you as an example in this thread?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

What about Windows XP? Isn't that bloated? Get outta here.

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Hubris

Can I use you as an example in this thread?

You can say whatever you want, but I hate programs like quicktime. I don't install quicktime, nor will I install Real player... because they hose your registry, install a startup systray app, and generally bother you when you don't want to be bothered. If I open a movie file, I don't want to be asked whether or not I want to purchase the "Pro" version.

Windows media player works fine for me, and I have never had any problems with it. I cannot say the same for Realplayer or quicktime.