LOTR online - Founders Pricing friend referral?

faZZter

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
Anyone on here play LOTR online and have founder's pricing? There is a program where you can refer friends and they too can get founder's pricing. You get 30 days free play time or 30 days for a friend to try the game out. I did pre order the game but apparently waited too long to activate my account because I was not offered the founder's pricing which I was counting on.

So, if anyone out there that has founder's pricing would please refer me as a friend I would really appreciate it. I am not sure what info they need but if you PM me I will let you know if it is an email or forum username or whatever. Thanx!

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
I have a buddy code with a founders character back in my locker in moses lake I think...if I find it and remember this thread it's yours...

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I was under the impression that the Founder's offer was only being offered as a one-time-deal to those who pre-ordered.

Edit: even if you get the founder's offer and pay 9.99/month, if you close your account and then reopen it later, you do *not* get to continue at 9.99. You have to continue at 14.99. Unless you preordered, you're stuck.

faZZter

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
Yeah I thought I had no chance too until I read about the referral program. Lifetime is 199.00. You never have to pay again. I think it will run at least 20 months......if I am bored of it my friends can use it. If not I'll pay the 10 bucks a month for awhile and save some cash.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: faZZter
Yeah I thought I had no chance too until I read about the referral program. Lifetime is 199.00. You never have to pay again. I think it will run at least 20 months......if I am bored of it my friends can use it. If not I'll pay the 10 bucks a month for awhile and save some cash.

Ya, its a good deal, until you need to pay another lifetime fee for the expansion packs.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Hacp
Originally posted by: faZZter

Ya, its a good deal, until you need to pay another lifetime fee for the expansion packs.

According to Turbine you will only have to pay for the expansion pack, and not another subscription.

The expansion pack will allow new buyers to buy lifetime subscriptions.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
Cool, I didn't know I could send referrals from myaccount.turbine.com, Faz, I sent the referal code to your gmail. I'd tell you what server I'm on, but I actually don't play (I can't from where I am at right now :( ) so I just toss them 10 bucks every month to not play but to keep the founders pricing...too cheap to get the lifetime membership hehe...

if anyone else wants one LMK.

Cilderen

Aug 4, 2007
I would love to receive a referal if it is not to much trouble. I've been playing WOW since release and looking for something new but I'm not sure if LOTR is it. I'd like to try it before I spend the money on the game.

Cil.