LOTR - Lord of the Rings update....bunch of crap

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

1. I'm making Two Towers DVD covers now. You can check out my old FOTR covers from last year in my sig. My site there is approaching 80,000 hits and I am gettin emails every day bugging me so they'll be up soon. Hopefully I'll have a few up later tonight.

2. Return of the King crap:

-For those that don't know, all sources point to it being well over 3 hours in the theater. I dunno how they're going to do this...maybe they will have to add in an intermission. 3.5 to 4 hours is a long time sitting on your ass without a break.

-Everyone who has seen the rough cuts of ROTK are pretty amazed...here is a quote from Harvey Weinstein (exec producer at New Line):
This is regarding delaying another movie:
'The official reason will be that "the climate is not right" (an insider says) for a movie whose central character is a deserter. Unofficially, Harvey Weinstein has seen a rough cut of Return of the King (he is an Executive Producer) and says that it is "unstoppable" as a Best Picture winner."
:D

3. Two Towers Extended Edition

- It's rumored that the bonuses in the gift set will be a Gollum statue plus an extra DVD from WETA on the evolution of Gollum (instead of the National Geographic DVD from last year)
- Rumored extended scenes:

1) Boromir saying goodbye to Faramir and Denethor, a flashback obviously.

2) Faramir sees a ghost or a shadow of Boromir and understands that Boromir died.

3) After destroying the Haradrim, Faramir says: "Interesting, who is he, where is his home, his family. Is there evil in his heart.... why is he travelling so far from home?' (or something like that, dont renember directly)

4) Faramir showing the road from Olgiliath to Sam and Frodo.

Misc. Release dates (for those who don't know yet)
TTT Theatrical 2 disc edition: August 26th
TTT Extended edition (5 disc, 43min extended footage): November 18th
Return of the King: December 17th

UPDATE - ROTK Spoilers

This si from an insider source who TORN knows is legit, so it's pretty accuate

I have a friend who told me about Return of the King, first thing, Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat.

Men of Gondor surround them both and Legolas shouts "Aragorn!" as a warning, then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue. It is not an even fight and Aragorn is nearly knocked to death as the countdown to the destruction of the ring begins. I guess the goal is to make the audience wonder if the ring will be destroyed before Aragorn is smeared all over Mordor!

Another thing I saw was the death of Saruman. Grima slits Saruman's throat and kicks him over the edge of Orthanc where he is impaled on the wheel, then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
You're Harvey Weinstein. You've put your company on the line and tossed hundreds of millions of dollars into something that could've easily backfired. Are you going to publicly say it's mediocre? :)

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: kami
Originally posted by: Nemesis77
TTT extended edition apparently has 47 minutes of extra material, right?

43 mins to be exact ;)

Maybe it'll be watchable then. I swear, I've never been so bored in a movie theatre in my life.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I know what I want for Christmas. :D There will be a 4-disc non-gift set extended edition, right?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pulse8
You're Harvey Weinstein. You've put your company on the line and tossed hundreds of millions of dollars into something that could've easily backfired. Are you going to publicly say it's mediocre? :)

Hell no, but he said that was the reason they were holding off another movie til 2004 (which they felt was best picture material, but couldn't stand up to ROTK) :)

wQuay

Nov 19, 2000
The official reason will be that "the climate is not right" (an insider says) for a movie whose central character is a deserter. Unofficially, Harvey Weinstein has seen a rough cut of Return of the King (he is an Executive Producer) and says that it is "unstoppable" as a Best Picture winner."

A deserter? What kind of nonsense is that?

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
1. I'm making Two Towers DVD covers now. You can check out my old FOTR covers from last year in my sig. My site there is approaching 80,000 hits and I am gettin emails every day bugging me so they'll be up soon. Hopefully I'll have a few up later tonight.

Man you have some serious talent....

Man you have some serious time....

Those covers are awesome. Ever thought of making one with the Balrog?

CrashX

Golden Member
Oct 31, 1999
Someone told me ROTK was delayed until Spring 04.
Anyone else heard that?

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
I read the title of this thread and the poster, and the resulting cognitive dissonance nearly resulted in an aneurism.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Will the studio really allow a 4 hour movie for a theater?

That would cut the amount of shows per day in half!

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Unofficially, Harvey Weinstein has seen a rough cut of Return of the King (he is an Executive Producer) and says that it is "unstoppable" as a Best Picture winner."

LOL yeah right. Best Picture always goes to some emotional drama that no-one saw.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
Originally posted by: Jadow

LOL yeah right. Best Picture always goes to some emotional drama that no-one saw.

Like Titanic or Gladiator.

Or like Silence of the Lambs, Unforgiven, Platoon, The Godfather Part 1 and 2 and the French Connection.

I see exactly what you mean.
rolleye.gif

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

Or like Silence of the Lambs, Unforgiven, Platoon, The Godfather Part 1 and 2 and the French Connection.

rolleye.gif

Well, IMO.....

Everything listed there except SOTL sucked....

amish

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

rolleye.gif

Well, IMO.....

Everything listed there except SOTL sucked....

amish

We've already established on this forum that you have bad taste in movies. :p

But the statement wasn't that they suck, but they that all movies that win awards are emotional drama crap that nobody's seen.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Will the studio really allow a 4 hour movie for a theater?

That would cut the amount of shows per day in half!

thats why they have 90% of their screens showing ROTK :p

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
TTT Extended edition (5 disc): November 18th

HOLY FRICKIN CRAP :Q

- M4H

FOTR had 4 discs, 5 if you include the National Geographic disc. It's not really all that much when you consider the amount of data they put on those discs.