"Lost" Series Finale "The End" Sunday 9-11:30pm NO SPOILERS UNTIL AIRED

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Haters gonna hate.

I thought it was brilliant. It was pretty obvious after the gazillionth "mystery" was introduced, that they weren't going to give explicit explanation for how absolutely EVERYTHING worked (i.e. smokie, food drops etc). The fun was in fans being able to develop their own theories. And obviously it worked since it's inspired many discussions, and got pretty decent ratings.

CoinOperatedBoy

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2008
Haters gonna hate.

I thought it was brilliant. It was pretty obvious after the gazillionth "mystery" was introduced, that they weren't going to give explicit explanation for how absolutely EVERYTHING worked (i.e. smokie, food drops etc). The fun was in fans being able to develop their own theories. And obviously it worked since it's inspired many discussions, and got pretty decent ratings.

Neither I nor anyone else in the thread claimed an expectation for "absolutely EVERYTHING" to be explained. And sure, it was fun to theorize right up until the end gave us all the middle finger and it was obvious we had no chance to predict the nonsensical plot. :p

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Neither I nor anyone else in the thread claimed an expectation for "absolutely EVERYTHING" to be explained. And sure, it was fun to theorize right up until the end gave us all the middle finger and it was obvious we had no chance to predict the nonsensical plot. :p

Meh... made enough sense to me. And pretty much everyone I know and/or work with that watched the show.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005

This... is what I wanted to say in my reply.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I have recently been catching up on the last 2 seasons of Lost (I stopped watching when it was originally airing). I only have the finale to watch, but my wife and I have to carve out some time for it.

In the meantime, I just realized this today. Same actress:

6x01RoseJack.jpg

and
capture3.jpg

MotionMan

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I had to come in here to see what reason the Lost finale thread had getting bumped, hah.

And MotionMan, not everyone will recognize that other picture of her, so the significance is lost. "IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!"

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I had to come in here to see what reason the Lost finale thread had getting bumped, hah.

And MotionMan, not everyone will recognize that other picture of her, so the significance is lost. "IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!"

You ruined the suspense.

MotionMan

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Doh! My apologies.

Granted, even with that one-liner...a good number still won't know the movie. :p

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
meh.. went downhill when they stopped w/the mystery (ie: polar bears on a tropical island, people instant heal/cant die) and it became a love drama

I didn't like the end, but enjoyed the series. It was kind of nice to have a TV show that made you think a little, and paid a lot of attention to details and continuity.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
My rewatch is early in season 4.

It's cool to remember things.

Season 1 is perhaps the tightest season of TV sci-fi drama ever, but season two was wobbling until Michael Emerson burst onto the scene.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
My rewatch is early in season 4.

It's cool to remember things.

Season 1 is perhaps the tightest season of TV sci-fi drama ever, but season two was wobbling until Michael Emerson burst onto the scene.

It didn't wobble at all until season 5 and then fell apart during the last season.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I give you Jack's line from season 3:

"She's under my protection now"

The whole crew I first saw it with broke out in hysterical laughter, and I still chuckled re-watching it.

But I still love Lost. It's my favorite show ever.

I'll probably be sad when I get to the finale.

Nebbers

Jan 18, 2011
I really liked this show until maybe somewhere around season 4 or 5.

Then it just took perhaps the most dramatic turn toward sucking of anything I've ever seen.

Then the finale... :'( So bad.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
I loved Rose - one of the best characters on the show. She just always seemed like such a baller.