Lost my Laptop Today....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
i had a close call few days ago with my powerbook. Left in on a chair in a restaurant!! I freaked out when I got home and realized it wasnt with me. I was about to drive back to the place hoping that one of the waiters kept it behind a desk or something... luckily i got a call from my uncle(ate dinner with family) and he said he has my laptop. He checked if anyone left anything there before he left(he was the last one to leave).
but for the hour that i realized i lost my powerbook was crazy.. freaking out :( sucks!!

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
If you lost it at lunchtime today, there's no need to be doom and gloom yet. Someone may have picked it up and is writing a "found, please call" flyer right now ... on your iBook. ;)

- M4H

:D

NeoPTLD

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
If you lost it at lunchtime today, there's no need to be doom and gloom yet. Someone may have picked it up and is writing a "found, please call" flyer right now ... on your iBook. ;)

- M4H

:D

Is this effective?

There's this thing on every single laptop the library at my school lends out to student for in-library use.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Wow, you must not think very much of it if you can leave it like that. Whenever I carry mine out, I'm always conscious of it. It actually becomes a bother.

Massive

Apr 1, 2004
i can completely sympathize... recently on a trip to Cali my latop (ibm thinkpad iSeries 1300, rare, p3-750, 192, 20gb) got jacked... this thread leads me to believe that the best way to deal with college is to simply get a crappy laptop, since something is bound to happen (lost, stolen, damaged), and insurance is no real guarantee...

tRaptor

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Its sad that this is probably my first post with so many responces.

Any other passwords you can think i should change?