lost my job too

cavdraco

Mar 28, 2001
Well since everyone else seems to be out of work i'd thought i'd put my 2cents worth in
I lost my job about a month ago for calling in sick with bronchites (might be spelt wrong ) I had sick days and vacation days so what is the deal with the boss ?
We are doing ok since we have no kids but we are trying to save up for the wedding in may and this puts a big dent in it.
sorry to vent on everyone here but it has been building up for a while
I live in a small town and there isnt much work around here but we like the area and own our home.

beter days
Cav

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I'd take the dude to court if you had some sick days & you had some vacation time :p I don't think what he did was very nice or legal :|

Cheers,
Aquaman

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
That sounds shady to me. Looks like the boss was looking really hard for a reason to get rid of you.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: NutBucket
That sounds shady to me. Looks like the boss was looking really hard for a reason to get rid of you.

Shady to me too
that's really ghetto
he was looking for the first chance he could to fire you by the sounds of things.. if employers do not like when you take sick days and you get the shaft for it, then they are NOT a company you wanna work for anyways. it's probably for the best in the end.

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
i'd make a formal complaint about the company...u can sue him easy if what u say is true...
like u have medical records. Sue him for pain and depression, suffering.

no kidding...u should pursue this.

cavdraco

Mar 28, 2001
well I appreciate the replys
I have thought about sueing and still may Ill have to see what happens

Cav

xuanman

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2002
good luck. make sure you file for unemployment. sounds like you probably want to get cobra too. good luck on your legal issue...before you make the leap and potentially pay some hefty fees (altho a plaintiff's attorney would probably work on contingency), you might want to do more research on the tort of "wrongful discharge" to see if you have a possible claim in your jurisdiction...

cavdraco

Mar 28, 2001
allready thought of that and my aunt is an attourny so I would get any legal advice fron her before I sue also if I win I can pretty much kiss any job around her goodbye so it had better be a BIG payoff or I wont be doing anything
of course I wont be hiring a local lawyer to defend me ill get someone from a larger city who will get paid only if I win

Cav

pinoy

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
sorry to hear that.:(

my suggestion, move on! they're not worth your time and energy. Hold your future plans for awhile till you guys are settled. Who knows, maybe its a blessing in disguise.

my family have been to that situation before, and we got out of that hole, so i know you can too.

GOODLUCK!!!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
yeah, believe it or not, we have been blessed by something like around my house...

who knows...just hang in there and see where it takes you

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
It's tough to decide between career/money and your own home in a good location that you're settled at. We're about to close on our first home and I'm faced with relocation decisions at work... hopefully they can get me mobile, but the point is that it's tough to decide between the two. I hope you can find something else there in your town. I know traveling an hour or two every single day is not worth it, even for the right job.