Lost my Dish Network local channels

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Moved the dish network to another spot in the room. Don't have the manual and can't get local channels. I've tried every combination of three coax cables (2 satellite, 1 antenna), but I can only get the higher channels. Is there a setting somewhere in the menus that I need to reset?

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Shouldn't you call Dish Network for support?

Can't you google and find something that will help?

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Guess not.

I really wasn't trying to thread-crap--I suggested google because I almost always find what I'm looking for.

Dish Network support is your best bet, though. Is there a good reason that you can't/won't call them? They probably deal with calls for this type of issue daily.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I don't think there is a setting in the menus to enable locals, but Dish moved a ton of locals to the new E10 Sat at 110. I had locals on the 105 Sat (SuperDish), and they were moved to 110 on May 5th.

Dish is currently moving a lot of stuff. 105 is almost empty, and so is 121. They are going to light up 118 soon, not sure what will go there. It will require a new Dish though (either a Dish 500+ for 110/118/119, or a Dish 1000+ for 110/118/119/129).

WTT0001

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2001
Run a switch test and make sure you are pulling in the 110. Pull the Access Card (Assuming you have one) or reset it by holding down the power button (on the front panel not the remote) for about 15 seconds. Wait for it to redownload your guide and wait about 15 minutes and see if you have them back, if not call dish network:D

LMK if you have more ???s

WTT
Sat Installer:D

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
None of that will work, because the idiots cancelled our local channel subscription! On the 14th, my roommate called to cancel the service at the end of the month. The same day that he called, they cancelled his account. Durrrr. They did this without our knowledge and turned it back on before we noticed, and then turned us back on without local channels. Second duurrrrrr.

This isn't the first time they've messed up our service. A few months ago my roommate called and asked what type of premium packages they had available. The next day...no service. WTF? Roommate calls them up, fights with them for an hour to try to get things straightened out. Apparently they thought somebody else was trying to subscribe at this address, so they just up and cancelled our subscription. They even tried to charge us a turn-on fee (not sure what it's called) due to their error in turning ours off!

Dish network has a good product, but their customer service and operations are sorely lacking.

JasonK

Jan 24, 2000
They are complete morons at Dish network. One day all my channels turned into CST channels, lost all my locals. Called them up, they said "Oh have you arrived in your new house in texas yet?" Uhhhh we never moved nor requested a move to texas. Turn our chit back on you f'ing idiots!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
we have dish network and lost our local channels recently also. they came out and put a new dish up.