lost luggage

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4644

lost a bag in zurich on swiss air... anyone know anything about situations like this.. I dont have receipts for everything in the bag.. but I guess I could find much of it on my credit card statements..

max compensation is 1600, my stuff is prolly worth about half that.. anyone have any tips or advice..

sorry cant find the question mark on this damn keyboard lol...

btw, do lost bags actually show up

lavagirl669

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2004
I worked for an airline for many years.

Yes, the bags do eventually show up as long as the agent does what
they need to do.
It probably got loaded on the wrong plane and will be re-routed back
to your destination.

Did you have ID on the bag?
Did they say you needed receipts? I don't think you have to have those but
every airline has its own policy.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Either you get it back within a week, or the airline stalls paying your compensation for months and then suddenly find your bags AFTER you have rebought everything you needed.

Had both happen to me and my family, more than once.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Last trip from St. Thomas, USVI to Chicago resulted in lost baggage. Got everything back in 48 hours.
Previous trips from Europe that resulted in lost baggage was more in the 72 hour range. Once had a baggage delay of over a week because the baggage handlers in Copenhagen decided to go on strike.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: kami333
Either you get it back within a week, or the airline stalls paying your compensation for months and then suddenly find your bags AFTER you have rebought everything you needed.

jerryjg

Banned
Jul 2, 2005
what fate! i got your bag by mistake in zurich!! you might be able to still get some of your stuff at the goodwill in Boulder Colorado
Originally posted by: LordSegan
lost a bag in zurich on swiss air... anyone know anything about situations like this.. I dont have receipts for everything in the bag.. but I guess I could find much of it on my credit card statements..

max compensation is 1600, my stuff is prolly worth about half that.. anyone have any tips or advice..

sorry cant find the question mark on this damn keyboard lol...

btw, do lost bags actually show up

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: kami333

/cry