Losing faith in NFL

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
It's sort of like when Chad Johnson from the Bengals grabbed a TV camera. Even though I'm a TN fan and hated to see him celebrate. I believe he earned the right.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: paulxcook
No Fun League indeed. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing is ok, but being happy about a score should be perfectly acceptable. Throwing some snow up in the air should not be penalized.

Maybe the NFL should focus less on post-TD minutia and work on getting some full-time refs, ones that can actually use the technology available in an effective manner to call a game decently.

QFT. The reffing in most games is abysmal this season. I think as a fan of any team, it isn't hard to look back on this season and see a lot of very poor calls. The quality of reffing in the game is having a negative impact on the quality of games and it feels like people are losing faith in the refs' abilities. It's a shame.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
The NFL has turned into the gestapo. They need to learn that they are nothing but entertainment. So stop stifling the entertainment.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Homerboy
Originally posted by: jjones
While I think some of the celebration penalties and fines are excessive, I do wish more players were like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, who just handed the ball to the ref and went about their business. Some of these guys act like they won the superbowl every time they make a play.

Exactly. LT does it too.
Yeah, LT's got class. Some of these guys, it's just embarrassing.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
Originally posted by: paulxcook
No Fun League indeed. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing is ok, but being happy about a score should be perfectly acceptable. Throwing some snow up in the air should not be penalized.

Maybe the NFL should focus less on post-TD minutia and work on getting some full-time refs, ones that can actually use the technology available in an effective manner to call a game decently.

QFT. The reffing in most games is abysmal this season. I think as a fan of any team, it isn't hard to look back on this season and see a lot of very poor calls. The quality of reffing in the game is having a negative impact on the quality of games and it feels like people are losing faith in the refs' abilities. It's a shame.

Very true, the games ive watched have had some terrible calls... especially the "non reviwable" types.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones
Yeah, LT's got class. Some of these guys, it's just embarrassing.

LT is a walking contradiction. On the one hand, he isn't a "me-me-me" type player. On the other, he acts like a sixteen year-old girl who has no idea how to lead a football team. Case in point: On the sideline yesterday Rivers sat down next to him and LT immediately gets up and walks away. He spends time talking with his offensive line, but not his QB? For better or worse, LT and Rivers have to work together to win - and LT does nothing for the Chargers off the field. He bitches and whines about how badly his team is doing, but he never has demonstrated any ability to lead the team.

PimpJuice

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2005
"Act like you've been there before" is over-rated......for some of these guys, it could quite possibly be their last touchdown. They can celebrate however they want as long as its respectful.

It should be more like "Act like this is the last time you'll get to do this"......by showing no emotion kind of makes you look cocky like its no big deal or that you really dont care so much that you just scored a touchdown to help your team. Shit, if i scored a touchdown....the first thing I'm thinking is not going to be "gotta give the ball to the ref asap"