[Los Angeles] FREE to good home: Tandy/Radio Shack TRS-80

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Found this monstrosity in the closet. Includes console, cassette tape drive, a couple joysticks, and some games. Most cables SHOULD be in there but I'm not guaranteeing anything. Also you'll have to find an adequate display.

Does it run? Maybe. It's been collecting dust for at least ten years.

Will I ship it? Heck no, that's why I'm giving it away. If you can find a Los Angeles-based AT'er to pick it up and ship it for you, more power to you. It's either getting picked up or tossed to the curb. Offer me an obscene amount of money and I'll reconsider.

This is your chance to own a piece of computing/gaming history. PM/Email me for info and/or to arrange a pick-up time. I'm located in San Pedro, CA 90731.

edit: Confirmed, it is a CoCo 2

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Found this monstrosity in the closet. Includes console, cassette tape drive, a couple joysticks, and some games. Most cables SHOULD be in there but I'm not guaranteeing anything. Also you'll have to find an adequate display.

Will I ship it? Heck no, that's why I'm giving it away. If you can find a Los Angeles-based AT'er to pick it up and ship it for you, more power to you. It's either getting picked up or tossed to the curb. Offer me an obscene amount of money and I'll reconsider.

This is your chance to own a piece of computing/gaming history. PM/Email me for info and/or to arrange a pick-up time. I'm located in San Pedro, CA 90731.

Ebay it and make some money!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: PELarson
Originally posted by: amnesiac

Yeah, you can say that it's haunted and make a real fortune!

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Do you have any games for it?

I seem to remember a Star Trek game. It was turn based and you moved your asterisk around the screen one square at a time and battled klingons....

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: PELarson

First, it's not guaranteed to be in working condition, and I don't know if you've ever sold anything on Ebay, but 99% of the people there, much like on ATOT, lack any sort of reading comprehension skills. Thus, they would buy the TRS-80 and complain a month later that it doesn't work.

Second, the concept of "NO CREDIT CARDS" is lost in ebayers.

Third, I can get at most $20 from it.

Fourth, it's not worth my time nor my effort. I'd rather try to give it away.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Joysticks? Sounds like a CoCo (Color Computer) rather than the Model 1 I learned BASIC on. CoCos have RF out and maybe composite video out (which could require a special cable) so they can be attached to a normal TV set.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Ahh, the memories. I had a badass CoCoII set up back in the late 80s. Floppy, cassette, modem, real software (spreadsheet and wordprocessing), joystick, and games. I lost many hours on that computer. :D

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
COCO was my first machine, back in the early/mid '80s. First model with silver paint and chiclet, ended up buying another COCO 3 in the late 80s, running os/9.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Do you have any games for it?

I seem to remember a Star Trek game. It was turn based and you moved your asterisk around the screen one square at a time and battled klingons....

Space Warp is one that comes to mind. I played this for countless hours as a kid. TRS-80 is like 25 years old now!!!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Raaka Tu - text adventure game for CoCo. Died thousands of times playing that.

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Ameesh
HUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

yyooouu mmuusttt hhavve uussedd aann orrigginnnall TTrraassshh 8800 allsso. Bbbaadd kkeey bbouunnce pproppllems!!