Lord of the Rings Online Referral Program

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Looney
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Heads up, starting today (and ending after august), 60 free days of gameplay (instead of 30) to anyone who buys the retail game.

and Keith is the man!

Can i still get the founders pricing if i buy the retail game?

You have to get referred by a Founder to get the Founder's pricing and be one said Founder's first 10 referrals.

KT

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Heads up, starting today (and ending after august), 60 free days of gameplay (instead of 30) to anyone who buys the retail game.

and Keith is the man!

You have to get referred by a Founder to get the Founder's pricing and be one said Founder's first 10 referrals.

KT

So does that mean i can't buy the retail copy and still get founder's pricing (assuming i get a key from one)?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

and Keith is the man!

KT

So does that mean i can't buy the retail copy and still get founder's pricing (assuming i get a key from one)?

Yes, but you need to start your trial first (from the Founder) and then upgrade once you have purchased the retail game.Then you should have the option to get the Founder's pricing.

There are further details here https://myaccount.turbine.com/referral/rules:
The first ten (10) Guests who are invited to participate in this Referral Program by a Customer who has special Founder pricing terms may take advantage of the Founder pricing terms also. Please visit www.lotro.com/founder for more information regarding the Founder pricing terms.

In order to preserve characters created during the Guest Trial Period, Guests must upgrade their Guest trial subscription when activating their Retail Product Key.

Cheers,
KT

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
hey if anyone has a refer a friend key left, can you send me a pm, i'll send you my email address.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I would strongly suggest against giving trial keys to forum members who just joined and/or have < 5 posts. Farmers have been known to use these keys to create spam accounts. If a suspect matches that that description, PM me and I will check them out.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
I would strongly suggest against giving trial keys to forum members who just joined and/or have < 5 posts. Farmers have been known to use these keys to create spam accounts. If a suspect matches that that description, PM me and I will check them out.

damn, gold farmers hang out on ATOT too?

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Hmmm...I guess I shouldn't be giving out buddy keys as I could be banned if my buddy key use it to buy gold or sell gold

Patience - So maybe this is a good time for me to remind our players: Don't buy gold or items for real money, and don't sell your buddy keys for in-game gold or real money. If there were no buyers, the annoying sellers wouldn't have a market to sell to.