Lord Foul's Bane: Stephen R. Donaldson

Sam443

Aug 22, 2000
I'm sure many of you have already read this fantasy classic. I'm going crazy trying to find a specific copy for my library -- perhaps one of you can help.

I already have the paperback edition of the first trilogy. I'm trying to piece together the 1977 Sci-Fi Book Club edition and have already found excellent copies of The Illearth War and The Power That Preserves. Lord Foul's Bane however is being a real stinker.

Here's what I'm looking for: Sci-Fi Book Club edition in Fine or Near Fine condition w/ Dustjacket. The dustjacket would be maroon w/yellow "old english" style lettering for the title. Now for the hard part: on the spine of the dust jacket the publisher would be listed as "Hold, Rinehart, and Winston". I've found quite a few having "Doubleday" as the publisher. Has anyone got one they would like to sell or know of any used book store that might have one?

I've already been scouring the web but any links you may know of that could point me in the right direction would also be very appreciated.

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
Try posting a request for it on http://www.respond.com. I found a first edition series by Gary Gygax (?) for my brother through them. They basically send your query out to hundreds of independant merchants, who'll get in touch with you if they have what you're looking for.

~zonker~

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
I've got Lord Fouls Bane in Hardcover, actually the entire series if you're interested, sitting in a box in my garage. Those were some of my favorite fantasy works ever ;)

[EDIT]
I found them all but Lord Fouls Bane.. the first seres are all Holt Reinhardt Winston published.. again, post back if you're serious and I'll dig a little deeper.

Kanly

Oct 23, 1999
Hmmm, I've got the full 6 series set in hardcover. Must have gotten the first set way back in the early 80's.

I'd look to see who the publisher is on my set, unfortunately they're in storage somewhere in NJ while I'm in DC.

Sorry not to be able to help, you're post just brought back some great memories of a fantastic series.

Ranks right up there with Tolkien in my view.

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
yep, mine are achived also but when i get home I'll dig 'em out. If I have what you're looking I'll post another note.