Looters Stole 6,000 Artifacts

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Now that staffers at the musuem have admitted both lying and deceiving by withholding information I won't believe any numbers.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Who gives a crap..let em sell it all at the flea market or bazzar. Why would a criminal enterprise like saddam and his junky sons leave anything of value in there anyway??

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
So I wake up sleepy eyed, and turn on the comp to check out OT, here, the news etc, and my half awake brain sees "Lobsters Stole 6000 Artifacts" :D
:

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
So I wake up sleepy eyed, and turn on the comp to check out OT, here, the news etc, and my half awake brain sees "Lobsters Stole 6000 Artifacts" :D
:

Sticky claws we call them...;):p

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
:

Sticky claws we call them...;):p

Would likely be just as accurate as any story we have read so far.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
there was a member of this board that kept insisting that only "30" artifacts were in fact missing from the museum. LOL what a joke.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: drewshin
there was a member of this board that kept insisting that only "30" artifacts were in fact missing from the museum. LOL what a joke.

Well that was the report for several weeks. Just like before that there were many people claiming all 170k artifacts where gone. I guess that was big joke as well.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: drewshin

most if the numbers seem to be only higher than that, around 50 or so major pieces missing still unaccounted for, I guess that means they didnt exist..... most were probably taken before the war by musuem officials. not sure if they ever disclosed all of the vaults they used in various banks, but initially they would not.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Lobsters Liberate Treasures hed Captive in Iraqi Museums.
Several of the liberated items have turned themselves in for political assylum,
howerver the search goes on to identify, capture, and kill if required to
regain custody of these wayward shards of antiquitry.

We believe that they are in the company of WMD or other chemical agents of Saddam.