Looky what I bought today!!!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
very nice

whats on the menu tonight?

Grilled Salmon, BBQ corn on the cob and fresh jumbo shrimp on skewers. I'm going to cook the salmon on a cedar plank.

I'm going to grill up some chicken tomorrow and I might do burgers & hotdogs or steaks on Monday. :D

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..looks good. I want sum salmon!!..hope ya have a shelter over it.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
all your base are belong to charcoal.

I like cooking with charcoal but there's too much planning involved with it and you only have a short time while the coals are ready to prepare your meal...it doesn't lend itself to changing timeframes when partying.

I love grilling though, summertime was made for BBQ...then again, winter time here was made for BBQ too. :p

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: IGBT
..looks good. I want sum salmon!!..hope ya have a shelter over it.

It's under my patio cover. I bought the Jenn Air cover that goes with it so it will be under that when not in use. This sucker is built like a tank, weighs 250lbs without the tank. The tank sits on a nice slide out platform for easy changing. No rolled edges on this puppy, everything is welded and made out of stainless steel except for the burners which are solid brass. I expect it to last a long time!

Nebben

May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
all your base are belong to charcoal.

I like cooking with charcoal but there's too much planning involved with it and you only have a short time while the coals are ready to prepare your meal...it doesn't lend itself to changing timeframes when partying.

I love grilling though, summertime was made for BBQ...then again, winter time here was made for BBQ too. :p

Yeah... charcoal is the best, but I'm not into the cleanup and all that it requires.

That said, nice looking grill! Enjoy the food. And try grilling pork tenderloin (the whole thing, not the small cuts) if you haven't. I recently did so and it was awesome :)

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
I have that same grill. Burgers tonight, chicken tomorrow, and filet Monday.

Charcoal does taste better, but gas is so much more convenient.

mindwreck

Golden Member
May 25, 2003
nice.. was gonna pick up a charbroil myself, but decided not to cause i've spent way too much this month on stuff