Looks like Trump is heading to Scotland the 19th.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I find the idea that Trump has anything in Russian banks but a mountain of debt implausible.

Reactions: Captante

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Since Iran is threatening retaliation for their general, what would the chances be trump is assassinated? What would the US response be?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Since Iran is threatening retaliation for their general, what would the chances be trump is assassinated? What would the US response be?

Yeah, they requested Interpol arrest DT a few days ago, I think.

I mean...wouldn't swapping Donald Trump for on-sight regulation and cooperative operation of their nuclear facilities on a 10 year, renewable contract be a fucking bargain?

Think about it.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

I mean...wouldn't swapping Donald Trump for on-sight regulation and cooperative operation of their nuclear facilities on a 10 year, renewable contract be a fucking bargain?

Think about it.
I see your point, but it would set a precedent that we just can't give into. And, of course, Biden won’t. I just want him to flee the country to demonstrate that he is the traitor so many of us know he is.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I see your point, but it would set a precedent that we just can't give into. And, of course, Biden won’t. I just want him to flee the country to demonstrate that he is the traitor so many of us know he is.

Precedents don't matter anymore, didn't you get the memo?

We also used to have a precedent of not committing sedition, that intentional civic vandalism was a bad thing. Sounds like a chance to affirm the rule of law instead of the law of rule. How about we not give into foreign assets and two-bit dictator wannabes screwing over the democracy people have died to establish and defend?

Edit: Interpol? No. American justice, yes.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Think about it.

Trump being part of a deal that would actually benefit Americans, what a concept. He and his supporters would have something to point to, rather than his Shart of the Deal or any number of inept, bad faith negotiations during his White House squat.

Oh wouldn't it be nice.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
The assassination of trump would not be retaliation it would be a mitzva. It will never happen via Iran.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
What if his plane had to turn around mid-flight? That would be hilarious (assuming it had enough fuel to safely make the trip back)
I believe that thing can refuel in flight. How many hours did Bush stay in the air on 9/11?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Think about it.

The IAEA has been on-site at Iran's nuclear production facilities all along. They still are. With the JCPOA Iran actually relinquished their rights under the NPT to enrich as much LEU as they want. They agreed to a much more strict inspection regimen than existed previously, one that all NPT producers are now subject to.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Precedents don't matter anymore, didn't you get the memo?

We also used to have a precedent of not committing sedition, that intentional civic vandalism was a bad thing. Sounds like a chance to affirm the rule of law instead of the law of rule. How about we not give into foreign assets and two-bit dictator wannabes screwing over the democracy people have died to establish and defend?

Edit: Interpol? No. American justice, yes.
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the Democratic Party stick to stuff like precedents in state matters. If we just behave like the republicans (the triumph of ambition over civility), who are we?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the Democratic Party stick to stuff like precedents in state matters. If we just behave like the republicans (the triumph of ambition over civility), who are we?

All the Dems have to do is let competent, independent prosecutors do their jobs. That's it. No smokescreens, no PR campaigns built on lies, no colluding with foreign adversaries. Let the facts decide what happens, afford the defendant the same impartial justice the rest of us get. Great time to prove we are a nation of laws, why can't we do what South Korea is capable of?

Republicans don't usually build cases on piles of evidence, they're more into the song and dance. Hell they don't even see the point of witnesses, actual investigations. If Dems start pulling Benghazis, sucking Putin's balls, perform a similar impeachment fiasco, or call a deadly pandemic a hoax - let me know.

Either treason is a major crime or it isn't, at some point you have to choose.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The IAEA has been on-site at Iran's nuclear production facilities all along. They still are. With the JCPOA Iran actually relinquished their rights under the NPT to enrich as much LEU as they want. They agreed to a much more strict inspection regimen than existed previously, one that all NPT producers are now subject to.

so, like all other Trump "deals," we could sell a "new, amazing deal that was before impossible!" even though it was already in place and all we are actually doing is getting rid of our trash for nothing in return?