Looks like the NRA was right....again!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
The statistics can show what they will but either way broad-based gun control doesn't work. I'm glad you found some pro second amendment stats here (from CNN even!). It shows, at least to me, that gun control and lessened criminal activity are not directly related in all circumstances, in all cases.

On this issue I tend to side with Bush, btw, even though I can't understand why he and the NRA won't allow background checks at gunshows, among a few other things.

Btw, anybody else notice neither Shrub or Bore have been focusing on gun control?? What's up here, it used to be a hot topic.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
They have both sworn off the Gun Control debate. It could cost Bush women's votes and Gore needs to carry some of Big Labor whose members vote with the NRA. Standoff!

I worked Gun Shows for 5 years. ALL gun laws were always followed! There is no loop-hole! The problem seems to be that an individual can purchase a table at some shows and sell guns. An individual to individual sale is unregulated by Federal Law, although in some states it IS regulated. Some Federal Laws do apply, such as it is against the law to sell to a felon. Also, if the person you sell to as an individual resides in another state, that state's laws must be taken into account. It is also illegal to sell a handgun to a person from another state. All such sales MUST go through a Federally Licensed Dealer.

However, if the Feds get the ability to regulate personal sales, this leads to a database of Gun Owners! And that is against the law!

In most shows, an individual may not sell firearms as a vendor. This is a self imposed rule that most promoters abide by.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Regardless of Federal law many states have gun-show background checks. They do here and it is a quick and painless process.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
Bah, you can't trust a totally biased liberal media outlet like CNN!!

Unless of course, in this one instance, we can make an exception. ;)