Looks like planned parenthood is going to be mad - Kermit Gosnell guilty

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Dred Scott v. Sandford upheld the right of slave owners to own slaves.

Is it ok to condemn and entire race (or group) of people through a single court ruling.

Was there a law implemented afterwards that changed that? Has that happened with abortion?

Abortion was ruled as a privacy issue but it doesn't seem to stop those from wanting to invade our privacy.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
If I kill my kid in my own house, no one should be concerned right, I mean, they shouldn't be invading our privacy...

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If I kill my kid in my own house, no one should be concerned right, I mean, they shouldn't be invading our privacy...

Sorry I follow the rulings of the supreme court and not hyperbole. I also understand how the law works and how rights have limitations.

Then again, I don't see the world in black and white like you.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Abortion is ONE right. Putting a "s" on right makes it plural.

Trying to claim abortion as women's rights is just an emotional appeal you are making when you are rationalizing losing. And there are many women who oppose abortion.

In fact if one considers being a mother to be an important part of being a woman abortion rights are actually anti-women rights. Given that feminists actually want women to be men I think this is a fair way of viewing things.

Do you have a vagina? I'm just curious if you are speaking from personal knowledge here....

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sorry I follow the rulings of the supreme court and not hyperbole. I also understand how the law works and how rights have limitations.

Then again, I don't see the world in black and white like you.

Step 1: Kill the child.
Step 2: Remove "it" from the woman's body.

If you mix up these perfectly legal steps, and get them backwards... prepare to face MURDER charges and LIFE in prison. It's not a matter of black and white, it's that the delineation is f'ing insane!

Either abortion is illegal or Gosnell is innocent.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Killing any human that far along in the gestation period is fucking disgusting. Anyone defending it needs to go educate themselves in just how developed that human is at 26 weeks. It's not just some clump of cells and at that point. This guy sounds like a complete wacked out individual not only on how the killed delivered babies but also on how he stored the remains. Just a really sick individual.

There are still states that allow abortion on demand for any reason up to moment of birth. So even if your state bans it, just go to another state that doesn't.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are still states that allow abortion on demand for any reason up to moment of birth. So even if your state bans it, just go to another state that doesn't.

As if every woman has the means to do so.

The OP attempts to avoid reality in ways that only Righties can. The reason that women end up in the hands of hacks like Gosnell is because of restrictive abortion laws in the first place. With competent providers, fetuses will not be born alive, making the whole argument about botched abortions a non-sequiter and a self fulfilling prophesy when they get the restrictive policies they want. They create the problem they bemoan in a futile attempt to ban abortion entirely.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
As if every woman has the means to do so.

The OP attempts to avoid reality in ways that only Righties can. The reason that women end up in the hands of hacks like Gosnell is because of restrictive abortion laws in the first place. With competent providers, fetuses will not be born alive, making the whole argument about botched abortions a non-sequiter and a self fulfilling prophesy when they get the restrictive policies they want. They create the problem they bemoan in a futile attempt to ban abortion entirely.

You mean like only allowing them until 24 weeks?

It seems like you are agreeing with PP. You see nothing wrong with what Gosnell was doing. You are just upset that his clinic provided sub-standard care for the women.