Looks like I might get the day off

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
The roads are icy and slippery. Every major road in my area has several accidents on it.
There's a 20 car crash on one of the highways.

I think I heard something about shutting down my county, whatever that means exactly.

Dec 26, 2007
That would be awesome. Unfortunately my building has only shut down once in the past 6 years for weather so thats a rarity for me. And its 50 and rainy here.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
I think I heard something about shutting down my county, whatever that means exactly.

:music:

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

:music:

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
The roads are icy and slippery. Every major road in my area has several accidents on it.
There's a 20 car crash on one of the highways.

shens... Ed doesnt care enough about your county to declare a state of emergency.
unless it states with phi and ends with phia

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
dont be a wuss
the highway here was closed so i took the back roads just like everyone else

well, i have to use main roads part of the way because there are no back roads.
heck, both roads that go to the town i work in were closed because of accidents (one road goes up and down a steep mountain).

i'm not going to risk wrecking my car or worse to go to work, it's not worth it.

it sounds like some of the roads are being cleared up and reopened now though. i'll just go in late.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
dont be a wuss

heck, both roads that go to the town i work in were closed because of accidents (one road goes up and down a steep mountain).

i'm not going to risk wrecking my car or worse to go to work, it's not worth it.

it sounds like some of the roads are being cleared up and reopened now though. i'll just go in late.

what county is it? Its just raining here.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: sao123
dont be a wuss

what county is it? Its just raining here.

perry.
my sister is the one that said it was being shut down, but i haven't heard anything or seen anything myself.

its just raining here too, but i guess the roads are still icy from earlier. my car is covered in ice. i just heard on the radio that accidents on the 2 roads i can take to get to work are now cleared of accidents and the main highway i need to use to get to either of those roads is now cleared of accidents too.

not sure if i should try to head out or not.