Looks like Blumenthal has weathered the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Any Vietnam vet will tell you... after a tour or two... you will be more resilient to crisis.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Any Vietnam vet will tell you... after a tour or two... you will be more resilient to crisis.
LOL!

That's the beauty of democracy - you get the government you deserve. None of us should be surprised that our government lies to us when we elect known liars for no better reason that party affiliation.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
If the Connecticut GOP is stupid enough to pick McMahon, then it's for the best that the seat stay with the Dems.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It's not a matter of forgetting. Believe me, everyone here in CT is reminded plenty of this episode. The prior Rassussen poll was an outlier.

Personally I think once the general public gets to know more of McMahon, her numbers will sink even lower no matter how many of her steriod-derived millions she sinks into the race. The GOP convention made a big mistake by not picking Simmons-he had both credibility and a chance. She has neither.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Democrat Richard Blumenthal apparently has weathered charges that he exaggerated his military service in Vietnam for years and is running as strongly as ever against both his Republican challengers in Connecticut’s race for the U.S. Senate.

IIRC, I wouldn't say that he exaggerated his service, I'd say that he lied about it. Exaggerated would be if you went on 3 tours and said you did 4 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.