Looks like a root canal :(

Chilled&Refined

Dec 24, 2001
Well my tooth is aching that i had filled 5 or 6 months ago. Its the third molar. I reall y do hate root canals but it wont ever hurt again! i guess i will have to make an appointment. Man it throbbing right now and home remedies that can help?

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Root canals don't really hurt, I don't see what the fuss is about. I had one last summer and I can honestly say that it wasn't bad, apart from the fact that I had to be in my dentist's chair for way too long

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: THeWorminator
Well my tooth is aching that i had filled 5 or 6 months ago. Its the third molar. I reall y do hate root canals but it wont ever hurt again! i guess i will have to make an appointment. Man it throbbing right now and home remedies that can help?

Ambesol should help.

Chilled&Refined

Dec 24, 2001
I have had one before. No their not that painful. Just have to sit in the dreaded chair for a while. Thanks for the great visuals. It quit for the time being but it will kick back in a few.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
Root canals don't really hurt, I don't see what the fuss is about. I had one last summer and I can honestly say that it wasn't bad, apart from the fact that I had to be in my dentist's chair for way too long

JimmyEatWorld

Platinum Member
Dec 12, 2000
had one, really sux, but in the grand scheme of things its not that big of a deal. if you don't already have a significant other, get porcelin for you crown.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I had one during the summer. The tooth ache was the most excrutiating pain I've felt in my life (and I have broken bones and lost skin all the way down my forearm before). The actual procedure (it was a 3 visit procedure!!) was totally painless. All I felt was pressure.

As for home remedies, one thing that worked for me sometimes was chewing some sugar free gum then sticking the gum on the tooth so no air can get in it. Don't forget lots of ibuprofen. Don't take acetaminophen(sp)...just ibuprofen (Motrin). I think I was allowed about 2000mg a day.