Looking Up Old Girlfriends...

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
I used to date this girl named April. I broke up with her some years ago. I really regret doing that, especially because it was over something stupid. Unfortunately that was about five years ago and I have not seen or talked to her since. We have no common friends or acquaintances and I don?t believe that she even lives in the same house she once did. While we were together I was a little insane about my recent divorce and I must admit that she put up with a lot but she was a very positive influence in my life. I am probably not dead now because of her.
What would be a good way to track her down and find out if she is still available?
Assuming that she is not already committed to another relationship what would I say when I see her again?
This has been bothering me for several years and I have finally made up my mind to do something about it.

Jimbo

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
......this may be oversimplifying it but...call her old residence? Assuming it was a house, if she doesnt live there anymore, the current resident might have some info on where she moved.

or you could always try one of those 800 numbers that will find someone for ya.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Unfortunately I do not have her telephone number. I had it in an electronic organizer and I lost that a couple of years ago. I still don?t know what to say if I meet up with her...
This may be my last chance and I don't want to look stupid.

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
hehehee, i wanna meet my old gf too. i dont have any info either, except i know where she works, too scared to go there. :(:(:(:(

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Jimbo, there are lots of places on the Web where you can look up addresses (both snailmail and email) and phone numbers, if you have a person's name and the state in which she lives. Whowhere.com, Switchboard.com, and 411.com are sites that I have used successfully. Several of my old high school buddies have found me through sites called Planetall.com and SixDegrees.com.

This site helps you to find an email address by accessing several other search sites:

http://person.langenberg.com/

Since it sounds as if you really care about this woman, I encourage you to devote some time to this. Who knows? She may be searching for you, too. Sometimes a few years of maturity can make all the difference in a romantic relationship.

I know this guy at work named Healy. He is a claims investigator. He travels down to Miami 4 - 5 times a year, oh wait wrong movie :)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Glad to see this is not a thread about shoe-mounted mirrors.

My thoughts tend toward sending her a card, once you find her, simply saying:

Dear ..... ,

I find myself thinking about you, from time to time, and I don't want it any longer to go usaid that I'm sorry for years ago making your life difficult, though I immensely enjoyed your company.

I hope the years have treated you well and find you happy and fulfilled.

Sincerely;

Jimbo

Provide her a return address so she may write, if she wishes, but I'd leave off your phone number so she doesn't feel obligated to call you until she decides the time is right for her (if she writes back, include it in your reply). I'd include a stamp as a non-verbal, open-ended invitation to her to write back.

Showing up in her life unannounced, 5 years later, it's very important to not be percieved as pushy. Do be perceived as considerate of her feelings, and making them more important than your own. Pay-back.

Good luck.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
UG Well put. A card and a sincere thoughtful message is a great ice breaker that shouldn't be perceived as being pushy, especially if she is in another relationship.

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah UG is right, after 5 years you don't suddenly want to come along and say "Oh, I'm sorry all I can think about is you will u marry me" or anything :)

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Great post WW and UG!
Fathom and Brooks, I agree wholeheartedly. I want her to know that the door is open but I don?t want to just show up and say ?What are you doing Friday night??.
Assuming that she is involved (read married or engaged) I don?t want to make her uncomfortable either. I know that women can be a little funny about the ?old boyfriends? from the past, and we are not always a welcome sight.
Any other ideas??

Jim

Bobsteroo

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2000
I wanna look up my old girl friend too, but I gotta wait 6 months for the restraining order to go away :)

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well, I struck out at http://person.langenberg.com/ ! :(
I have searched her name before and never came up with anything.
At least she is not dead (as per the social security death records)!
I really believe that she is not "on-line" at all. She basicly supports her father (if he is still alive) and brother and (by this time) 10 year old son. I don't think she has the money to buy a computer.
I would gladly give her one, but I gotta find her first! :)

Jimbo

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Bob, I keep tellin' you man; "STOP LISTENING TO THE VOICES IN YOUR PANTS!!!"

You crack me up.

Jimbo, could it be she's married so you wouldn't be able to find her under her maiden name.

What about her parents or any relatives you could contact?

Best of luck to you my friend.

P.S. Just don't listen to the voices in Bobsteroo's pants.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I know this is a wild idea, but have you tried looking in the phone book or calling information? *gasp*