Looking to see if a wireless keyboard/mouse will work here

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
So my parents bought one of these not too long ago:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55J6201AFXZA
and a little birdie told me that my Dad would like a wireless keyboard with it.

I won't be seeing it for a while, but from what I have found, the TV does support keyboard and mouse, but does not have Bluetooth support.

BUT, I was thinking, if I get him a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and use a computer to make sure the devices are paired to the receiver, they should work just as well. Right?

I haven't made up my mind on a model, but something similar to this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gclid=COCKk9jj0ckCFciWgQodnnEKOQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
This is from the eManual. You can use the TV's Wi-Fi Direct feature to connect to a Wi-Fi keyboard. You don't need Bluetooth.

Connecting Mobile Devices without a Wireless Router (Wi-Fi Direct)
Navigate to MENU > Network > Wi-Fi Direct Try Now
You can connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Direct feature directly to the TV without using a
wireless router or AP. By connecting a mobile device to the TV through Wi-Fi Direct, you can play photo, video, and music files saved on the mobile device on the TV.

This option is available only on a mobile device that supports the Wi-Fi Direct function. Please check if your mobile device supports Wi-Fi Direct.

The video or audio may intermittently stop depending on network conditions.
1. Enable Wi-Fi Direct on the mobile device, and then navigate to Network and select Wi-Fi Direct
on the TV. The TV automatically scans for and displays a list of available devices. The TV's name
also appears on the mobile device.

2.Select the device from the list to initiate a connection. If a connection request is made by the TV,a permission message appears on the mobile device and vice versa.

3.Allow the connection. The TV and mobile device connect.

Last edited: