Looking to get a new wireless router and adapter

DarkRPoS

Jan 19, 2008
Hey guys,
My router recently decided to half-die and refuse to port forward anymore. I checked the tech support forums for it, and it's a wide spread issue with no fix. Oh well for me.

Being that I play on Battle.net a lot, this became a large issue. With Christmas coming up I'll have some cash, and I wanted to get a new router and wireless adapter that will serve me well. Obviously, I need support for port forwarding, and a bit of range, because the router is on one end of the house on the lower floor, and the computer on the other, on the upper floor.

I'm looking to spend about 150$ for the two of them. As for brands, colors, or interface on the adapter, I'm not really picky. The router will be handling my gaming and torrenting activity, and my parents general internet usage, but they don't do much more than surf and check email.

All help is appreciated.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
If you want stability, look for an Asus WL-500G Premium v2 on newegg and then load it with DDWRT. Hardware & firmware are enough to handle quite a bit of traffic.

DarkRPoS

Jan 19, 2008
I notice that card has Vista 64 problems in the reviews. Can you confirm that it works fine with Vista 64? I will be upgrading to it in the coming months and I'd hate to have to replace what looks to be a very nice wireless adapter.