Looking to buy first pair of cheap 7.1 headphones. What to pick?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Never owned a pair of gaming headphones before. I am looking for something with 7.1 under $50 that also can be used with my Phone.

Here are my top choices. I just don't know which one to pick.
Corsair HS50
Razerl Electra V2
Logitech G430

I am leaning more towards the G430 out the 3 but was wondering if I could get any feedback on these before buying. I just need it for casual gaming, nothing special maybe some Call of Duty, battlefield and Rust, that's it.

What I like the most out of the Logitech G430 is the Long cord, measuring 10 feet long. Which is great because I can lay down and watch a movie from my computer.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
up the budget to 100 and grab byperx could 2

you can detach the mic if you like
and they should also be able to plug into a phone

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
up the budget to 100 and grab byperx could 2

you can detach the mic if you like
and they should also be able to plug into a phone
I wish I am working and on a tight budget, living with family at the moment.

Ended up buying the Logitech G430 for $30 on eBay its just for light casual gaming, some Call of Duty, maybe some Battlefield an hour or two and some Rust. Nothing too serious. Trust me man If I had the money say $100 or $200 I wouldn't be buying some cheap crap. Haha.

Thanks

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
i would start putting money aside for a better pair soon

i found cheap ones last @ 1 year or so

i ended up spending more on cheap ones vs a $100 pair when i looked at it over time

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
So I ended up buying a Pair for Hyper X Cloud II on eBay for $22. First pair of headphones/sets I ever owned I loved it except for one big flaw, the closed back design is annoying to me because I can't hear my self speaking so I don't know if I am talking too low or yelling. So today I ended up buying a Pair of Philips SHP9500 Newegg has them on sale for $60 ( Plus Tax) I am hoping they should arrive here no later than end of week Saturday. Can't wait to compare both headphones/sets