Looking to build a entire case

DyingRose

Jun 6, 2002
I have been out of the computer knowledge for about 3-4 years now and my computer is not good anymore and I have not had any upgrades in 4 years due not having time to game or anything that needs a lot of ram/graphic, etc..

Now that I am having more time on my hands, I am looking to upgrade my entire computer (except the case, IMO my case is still good enough and why spend $150 for another case when the one I bought for $150 3-4 years ago will still work? ^_^) Anywho...

What would you recommend for a Gaming PC, (entire package - except sound card, as I am ok with on board sound)

I want a graphic card but I also want on board graphic incase the actual graphic card bites the dust (always caution with computers!)

I play WoW mostly at the moment and the sound of my current computer is getting on my nerves while playing WoW.

My budget is $700 (No monitor and no tower included). that's the most I wanna spend at this time.

Thanks in advance!!
DyingRose

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
hello.
first off, maybe not the best forum, motherboards. maybe CPUs, VideoCards, or even General Hardware.
Anyway, what do you use the PC for? That will give us an idea of what to suggest... although it's probably gonna be something alone the lines of
"4670k
H212+
Asrock pro
1600mhz corsair vengeance 2x4
Samsung 128Gb EVO
280, 290, or 760, 770.
650W PSU from a whole bunch of reputable sellers.
Any-brand DVDR, 1Tb HD, WIndows 7 x64.

edit:
seems i missed half the original post. ok, so it's only for WoW? go with the list above, and pick either the 280 or the 760.

Last edited:

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
In my humble opinion, aftermaket CPU coolers is totally unnecessary if you're not going to overclock. And for 700$, I wouldn't overclock. I'd get a 8350, a 760 and a SSD, the rest is a formality.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
a 8350fx and no overclock...why would you recommend that, seriously.

for WoW, any dual core intel haswell processors will run this game great.

heck, even a G3220 pentium will do just fine. ± 70$

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
a 8350fx and no overclock...why would you recommend that, seriously.

Because the budget is 700USD. That's a tight budget, I don't think going for a top of the line CPU is a good thing for budget builds. Budget builds will benefit way more from a mid range CPU and a mid range VGA, than from a high-end CPU and a crappy GPU.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
Because the budget is 700USD. That's a tight budget, I don't think going for a top of the line CPU is a good thing for budget builds. Budget builds will benefit way more from a mid range CPU and a mid range VGA, than from a high-end CPU and a crappy GPU.

yes but a 8350fx is 200$ hardly a budget cpu. And for WoW, intel dual core is enough. so pentium or core i3 will run it easily.

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
Me: "Aftermaket CPU coolers is totally unnecessary if you're not going to overclock. And for 700$, I wouldn't overclock. I'd get a 8350"
You: "a 8350fx and no overclock...why would you recommend that, seriously."
Me: "Because the budget is 700USD."
You: "yes but a 8350fx is 200$ hardly a budget cpu. And for WoW, intel dual core is enough. so pentium or core i3 will run it easily."
Me: "I fail to see how a i3 can overclock."
You: "OP never said he wanted to overclock??"

First off, get your grammar right. Sentences start with a capitalized word, and exclamation marks should be used when you want to emphasize surprise, not interrogation marks. Also, an interrogation mark should be used at the end of a question, not a full stop.

I can't really understand what you're writing if you don't know how to write. Please bear in mind that, despite having better written English than you, I'm not a native speaker.

FAQdaworld

Jan 23, 2014
I want a graphic card but I also want on board graphic incase the actual graphic card bites the dust (always caution with computers!)

I play WoW mostly at the moment and the sound of my current computer is getting on my nerves while playing WoW.

DyingRose

Might be helpful to know what you have now? Will be useful to know if we are going to be able to reuse any of the hardware from the old build.

I personally wouldn't worry about having onboard graphics on the MOBO, but if thats the way you want to go then I wont try to dissuade you.

You mention that the sound of your computer is getting on your nerves, so I'm wondering if we cant just do some upgrades to get your computer running quietly rather than building a whole new system.

No matter what, 700 bucks can definitely get you a pretty decent rig if we aren't buying a tower or monitor.

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
This thread is weird.

That being said, I'm going to make it weirder by saying Intel is just about to launch the Haswell refresh processors. The thing that makes it weird is I can't find information to confirm whether you'll really need a 9-series chipset board and a new power supply to run the new processors.

And according to my research, Nvidia video cards are better for video rendering and AMD is better at stuff I forgot about...

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
TBH, I came here because I thought the OP might be trying to build an actual case (rather that assemble the internals), and I thought that might be interesting.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Me: "Aftermaket CPU coolers is totally unnecessary if you're not going to overclock. And for 700$, I wouldn't overclock. I'd get a 8350"
You: "a 8350fx and no overclock...why would you recommend that, seriously."
Me: "Because the budget is 700USD."
You: "yes but a 8350fx is 200$ hardly a budget cpu. And for WoW, intel dual core is enough. so pentium or core i3 will run it easily."
Me: "I fail to see how a i3 can overclock."
You: "OP never said he wanted to overclock??"

First off, get your grammar right. Sentences start with a capitalized word, and exclamation marks should be used when you want to emphasize surprise, not interrogation marks. Also, an interrogation mark should be used at the end of a question, not a full stop.

I can't really understand what you're writing if you don't know how to write. Please bear in mind that, despite having better written English than you, I'm not a native speaker.

Interrogation mark?, I only see a question mark!

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
Interrogation mark?, I only see a question mark!
Clear what you gone to have which to talk one something one of those, but that one it is how no you know at all. If no you had to be very horn, and no you had to eat grass along the end, you had to be mute and ready.

Sorry for my english.