Looking to build a 3.0/3.1 (or maybe 2.0/2.1) home theatre system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Op definitely needs to listen to a few speakers to find what he likes.

Here is a bunch of used speakers op can't afford xd

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brainonska511

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Forget the Klipsch. Those horn tweeters are indeed harsh. You want something with great imaging, accurate neutral sound. I recommend finding a speaker with soft-cloth dome tweeters. Your ears will thank you for it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I have a Klipsch setup. 3.1 (the front and center are klipsch) though the sub is a high quality SVS, previously a super cheap yamaha. For movies the Klipsch 3 and cheap sub were great, I mean of course the better SVS subwoofer makes it a lot better, but for music, they are a bit too harsh. Without the great subwoofer, I wouldn't want to jam to music a lot with the Klipsch. With the SVS and some tweaking on the receiver, I enjoy music on this setup. But it takes a little effort. But, 90% of my usage out of that setup is movies and TV so it works out ok. Depends on your usage, as Klipsch can have some good value.

Dec 10, 2005
I have a Klipsch setup. 3.1 (the front and center are klipsch) though the sub is a high quality SVS, previously a super cheap yamaha. For movies the Klipsch 3 and cheap sub were great, I mean of course the better SVS subwoofer makes it a lot better, but for music, they are a bit too harsh. Without the great subwoofer, I wouldn't want to jam to music a lot with the Klipsch. With the SVS and some tweaking on the receiver, I enjoy music on this setup. But it takes a little effort. But, 90% of my usage out of that setup is movies and TV so it works out ok. Depends on your usage, as Klipsch can have some good value.
Thanks. I'm hoping to get somewhere this weekend to try and listen to a few speakers and make a select on that front. Considering I'm starting from an extremely mediocre sound bar, I think I'm actually settling on a stereo setup at first. No matter what I do, it'll be an upgrade. I can always add a center or sub as needed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY