Looking for the best shower head - high flow - firehose-like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
New place needs a new shower head. I want the absolute best in terms of getting blasted by hot water. I looked around amazon, but im really not able to tell which one is good.

I saw this one somewhere - and it looks pretty badass, but im not sure if the site is legit: http://www.best-shower-head.com/

If it helps, this is what im going for:
http://youtu.be/vMITcQUe-9M?t=37s

Last edited by a moderator:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I have the Glacier Bay 4" Sunflower minus flow restrictor that looks/works like the one in your video. I bought it from Home Depot in 2000. Apparently it isn't made anymore. Not really helpful to you I suppose, but it sure feels good.

Ok, the one in the video is the Glacier Bay 6" Sunflower.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...8/product.html

Last edited:

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
I hate low volume, low pressure, and water conserving showers. I don’t have time to stand under a dripping shower dancing around trying to make sure all the shampoo is rinsed off. I want a STRONG, POWERFUL, shower. I’ve done the ‘removal of the restrictor’ trick and even drilled out a few to make the passage ways bigger. I’m still looking for the GREAT shower head and have not found it.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Get a spray nozzle from local garden shop. Screw onto a ball joint. Attach to output pipe of shower.
Now you can control pressure from fire hose to a drizzle.

Usually nozzle comes in silver or brass color.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
I hate low volume, low pressure, and water conserving showers. I don’t have time to stand under a dripping shower dancing around trying to make sure all the shampoo is rinsed off. I want a STRONG, POWERFUL, shower. I’ve done the ‘removal of the restrictor’ trick and even drilled out a few to make the passage ways bigger. I’m still looking for the GREAT shower head and have not found it.
I got a shower head on amazon that is low flow that I actually don't mind, it only uses 1.5gpm but has really strong pressure that's not like needles like some of them. I think it is by Niagara.

I do have a backup rain type shower head though if I am feeling like the low flow isn't working.

It is pretty nice that it has made it so you can use all the hot water taps in the house and still get a decently long shower with the 1.5gpm head.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
from an ecological standpoint, does a low-pressure shower head even do anything?

I mean, doesn't the water just go down the drain, get treated, and go back into the enviornment?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
N
NotSureIfSerious.png

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
The Commando 450, 'nuff said.

54540_o.gif

Actually I just got a new showerhead on Amazon and chose this one with the Chlorine filter. So far so good after 1 shower.

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
A restrictor will make the water come out faster at lower pressure. Maybe your water pressure sucks.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I've heard good things about Speakman with and without restrictor depending on situation. No personal experience with them yet but SD always goes crazy over sales on them

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
i had the same criteria as you a few years ago when i got fed up after taking a shower with a shitty shower head and paid like $80-90 for some kind of Moen shower head. It has like 6 different types of streams (you can even mix them) and a couple of them are borderline painful to use lol. It's has a hose too, which i like because i can move it in any position i like. :awe:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
i had the same criteria as you a few years ago when i got fed up after taking a shower with a shitty shower head and paid like $80-90 for some kind of Moen shower head. It has like 6 different types of streams (you can even mix them) and a couple of them are borderline painful to use lol. It's has a hose too, which i like because i can move it in any position i like. :awe:

The better to wash the sand out of your vagina? ():)

rofl-smiley.gif
ROFL.gif

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

This one? I got that a couple months ago and it does an excellent job on my vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.