Looking for suggestions for camping in Maryland

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I'm looking to plan a weekend camping trip for my wife, myself, and two other couples this fall. Can anyone offer some suggestions for great camping locations in Maryland? I live in Baltimore and I'm looking to keep the drive under 2 hours or so.

I have a good deal of camping experience in a variety of conditions, although it's been a few years and I might be a little rusty. The others in the group range from casual camping experience to, "Camping? You mean like when they don't have HBO?" I'm hoping to make the trip "adventurous" enough that we'll be sleeping in tents not too far from the cars but not so harsh as my infamous no tent (but two tarps!), no food, -10 deg F expedition to a narrow peninsula in the middle of a lake in PA.

Any suggestions for nice campsites?

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I would look for sites along the C&O canal up towards Town Creek, MD or Paw Paw, West Virginia. There is some nice scenery and easy hiking along the C&O up there including the historic Paw Paw tunnel.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i would suggest getting out of maryland and going somewhere, since this state sucks :p :D

<---- southern maryland resident (but not for much longer!)

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
1. Maryland Doesn't suck. We have 2 metro areas, mountains, and beaches.

2. Check out Harper's Ferry, WV.