Looking for something to make it possible to plug my PS2 into my PC to play

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
Ok I only play one PS2 game and you don't really need a big screen for it. So I would rather just plug it into my PC and use my TV for my Wii. So I am looking for a TV Tuner Card or something so I can plug it into my TV. I have a Hanns-G JW199D 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. I would rather be able to plug it into my PC and be able to minimize the screen when I am not playing so I can still play on my computer. I have open PCI slots or I can do it through USB.

kaioshade

Jun 17, 2005
Running a console through a tv tuner is going to result in some minor to major lag in what you do. There are a few factors, the power of your computer, as well as what kind of card you are using. A hauppauge card via s-video is problably the best way i have found to do it. Or a pdi deluxe through component is preferred. But even then the lag might be slight. I would recommend a cheap upscan converter. if it is just for your ps2, hunt down the hori upscan converter, does a wonderful job with what you want to do.

smthmlk

Apr 19, 2003
do not try to run a ps2 through a tv tuner card. the quality is absolutely awful. either buy an lcd with tv hookups (composite/component/svideo/etc, see Dell & westinghouse models) or find a way to hook up multiple consoles to your tv. Trust me on this, I tried it :p

kaioshade

Jun 17, 2005
ps2 thorugh s-video doesnt look that bad through dscaler.

however avoid composite like the plague.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Adaptec's GameBridge is marketed for this purpose. I don't know if they made it have less lag than other capture cards, but there it is. There are two models, the 1400 and 1410. Difference is the 1410 has a TV tuner built in. Check on eBay because there have been some deals recently on Woot.com (around $25 for 1410) and Buy.com (around $15 AR and Google Checkout for 1400) that may be finding their way onto eBay.