Question Looking for inexpensive low power GPU for Dell Studio XPS 8100.

Coyle

May 15, 2020
I'm thinking of converting it into a gaming pc for my 10yr old; doesn't play anything extremely graphics intensive. The PSU is 350w. Don't need to go with any high end cards, just something to give this old pc a boost for gaming. Thanks!

Chapel Hill FPV

Feb 20, 2021
I'm thinking of converting it into a gaming pc for my 10yr old; doesn't play anything extremely graphics intensive. The PSU is 350w. Don't need to go with any high end cards, just something to give this old pc a boost for gaming. Thanks!

as all prices are so high right now it is going to be a challenge but, without a power upgrade your restricted on your choices. A gtx 10 series could work but would not be great for newer games. I have a gtx 680 ti that does ok but I have a 750w power supply.
I do have a gtx 750 that use to be in the old girl. The old girl is a Dell studio XPS 8100 by the way. Bought 11+ years ago and still running strong.
I would suggest a new power supply in the 500w range and a 1660ti or super.
these can be found new at least last night anyway on Newegg.com you have to specifically search for that card. I think you could get away without a power upgrade, but would have to check the power specs for each of the 16 series cards to be sure. I do know my gtx 750 worked fine with the old psu but, on high settings on WarThunder I was around 27-35fps the 680ti runs it at 40-50fps still not great but better. The 680 is not power efficient at all by the way.
the 1660 ti should run 100+ FPS even in movie mode in War Thunder
Brian