Looking for Headset w/ Mic

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I'm ready to find out what a good headset sounds like. Do any of you have suggestions? Currently I'm using some Logitech headset that I got from Wal-Mart for about $15. It works fine but I really want some good game sound to go along with the chat functionality. Any suggestions in the $50 price range? I might be willing to go a bit higher if it seems worthwhile.

Apr 29, 2007
currently i am using an icemat siberia and i love it. however, the mic is not attached to the headset, i just have it on my monitor stand and it works fine. i got my siberias last year for $10 AR, google checkout, discount....:D

Steelsound 5hv2 is also very nice, comes with a USB sound card which is most likely a ton better than onboard sound. sound quality is comparable to icemat siberia, but if you don't have a sound card, i'd pick this over it.
http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/audio/5hv2-usb

sennheiser also has good stuff, like this HD280.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16826106328

the prices for the steelsound is pretty high right now...my friend got his a month or so ago for $50 i believe. if you find a steelsound 5hv2-USB at a nice price, snag it immediately :)

MadAmos

Sep 13, 2006
I have been happy with my logitech 350 for use with Skype however my hearing is not very good from many years of not being careful around loud machinery so my standards may be different than most :frown: so YMMV

Amos :cool:

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Thanks for the responses, I'll definitely give each of those a look. $50 isn't firm by any means. The problem with headsets is that I can't just go into a store and demo them so I'm leery about ponying up $100 for something that I might not find any more gratifying than a $50 set.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
How about a separate pair of headphones like the Sony MDR-V6's and a cheap headset that uses separate inputs.

ourfpshero

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
i like the Steelsounds. i use the non usb version- u can find it for 58.00 i saw recently