Looking for cheapest dslr with selfie monitor and auto focus for vlogging

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I want a dslr with a vari-angle/selfie monitor and have autofocus what's the cheapest one on Amazon?

I know it used to be the nikon d5100 but that's been discontinued.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i have had good experiences with panasonic cameras handling video in the past, but i don't know what their full frame DSLR lineup is like right now, i've just used their lumix P&S and M4/3 cameras

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I find DSLRs arn't great for vlogging as they have a recording time limit and you lose out on most of the functions like auto focus etc anyway. Better off getting a camcorder. A cheap camcorder you also lose out on lot of the controls mind you and the quality won't be quite AS good, but it's still worth it for all the other conveniences, to get started.

I recently got the Canon Vixia HF R800 as I've been getting a bit into vlogging myself and it's a pretty decently priced entry level camera.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX65590

The quality is probably equivalent to a phone but the zoom and reversible LCD is what makes it better. That and being able to put it on tripod unlike the phone. (though DSLR obviously can be put on tripod too and has manual zoom which is ok)

Made this video just to test it out when I first got it and talk a bit about it. Not really a review but I just blab on about pros and cons and stuff.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
i have a canon m6.
it has exactly what you want. auto focus is deadly accurate. its AF is second to none.
can buy cheaper if you dont mind used at fredmiranda.com sell forum.

lthakur

Feb 23, 2019
thank.gif

The list is helpful.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
The D5300 is an excellent camera and an OK video option ... the tracking auto focus will be horrendous. (And I'm a Nikon fan boy.)

Look at panasonic m43 cameras - they usually have the best video and decent autofocus.

Suggestion - Look for a used G85 G8

Nov 20, 2009
Why are you looking at the video features of a STILL camera instead of looking at a purpose-built VIDEO camera? Also, this is for VLOGs. I doubt you are going to need the highest quality for video logging (e.g. web pages).