Looking for Cheap CATV tv-out card...

Hork

Mar 8, 2000
I'm throwing together an extra computer from old parts to put into my daughter's room, but I want to use her TV for the monitor. Unfortunately, her TV only has cable input... no S-video, no component.

Any recommendations for a really cheap card with good CATV out?

I'd prefer fanless if possible to keep the noise down. Performance shouldn't be less than a GeForce 2 MX.

Will be used mainly for internet browsing, IMing, and listening to music, but I wouldn't mind being able to run an older multiplayer game on it as well.

I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I'm not sure if there are any cards out with coax output. You might want to just get a card with s-video output that has a converter to composite (or one with straight composite out) and get one of those modulator adapters to connect it to the tv.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Hork
Will be used mainly for internet browsing, IMing, and listening to music, but I wouldn't mind being able to run an older multiplayer game on it as well.

Buy a monitor. You will not be able to read text output through that mess of connectors. :p

- M4H

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Hork

Buy a monitor. You will not be able to read text output through that mess of connectors. :p

- M4H

Whoops, I glossed right over the reading text portion of that. M4H is absolutely right. Even s-video on a tv is not a good idea for reading text clarity for long periods of time.