looking for bone conduction headphones

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by Ruptga, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Ruptga

Ruptga Lifer

...but a search for threads turned up nothing, and I have no idea what I am looking for. Well, I know I want true bone conductors, not earbuds that use BC for better bass, but that is about the extent of it.

I'll primarily be using them at home for music, games, and skype. I'm hoping to spend $50-$100, but I don't know what kind of quality that will get me.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - bone conduction headphones Forum Date
    Can Android phones without headphone jacks charge while listening? Mobile Devices & Gadgets May 7, 2017
    Electrical noise when listening to headphones with phone charging. Mobile Devices & Gadgets Mar 29, 2017
    Headphones with Inline mic Mobile Devices & Gadgets Feb 16, 2017
    Is removing the headphone jack really going to be a thing moving forward? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Feb 9, 2017
    Tim Cook visits Foxconn Plant, conducts audit, violations found Mobile Devices & Gadgets Mar 29, 2012

3. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

AfterShokz makes some.

Any particular reason you want them? The sound quality is never as good as regular headphones are and they are quite "leaky".

4. Ruptga

Ruptga Lifer

Leaky?

I'm interested because they don't block out other sounds, like someone talking right next to me or my phone ringing. Also, I got tired of having to clean my Marshmallows every other time I put them in, and the foam bits never lasted more than few months before getting hard. None of that should be an issue if the headphones don't go into my apparently disgusting ears.

I know the sound quality isn't as good. I do appreciate good sound quality but I'm no audiophile, so I think I can live with it.

5. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Leaky as in if you stand next to someone wearing them you can hear their music.

I've only come across them with cyclists, it makes sense then as they need to be aware of their surroundings.

TBH in the house you'd be better off with some wireless speakers.

6. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

What about wireless over the ear headphones? You don't have to get ones that totally envelope your ear, so you could still hear surrounding noises.

I have a pair that are comfortable, use Bluetooth but you can also used them wired, and they don't envelope your ears. When I get home I can find out what brand it is, it was on tech woot about a week ago.

Edit: Here they are. Meelectronics AF32.

#5 Red Storm, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013